• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We met Marcus Caston & Kaylin Richardson at a Warren Miller premier in SLC a few years ago. Both were super personable & nice. Marcus is not tall but his legs are ginormous!!!

He signed a poster for my daughter at the Ogden show this year. She wasn't there. I brought it home to her, showed her the bumps video, and it put quite the smile on her face!
Yep, great video. Probably why it has been posted twice already on this thread.

On a related note, Return of the Turn, Groomers drops tomorrow. Marcus skis with his friend, WC skier Robby Kelley.

Looking forward to it.

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing it. I told him how much I liked the moguls video. He was happy to hear I had seen it! :daffy:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Hey, that's not real. The chairlifts are empty and not running. :)

For easier viewing pleasure,

@jmeb, as my kids say to me, you snooze, you lose.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Showing that I'm tech challenged, particularly on a phone. Ha. Much easier clicking. Thanks.

BTW, Marcus and Robby are all about FUN, before some start getting all "techie" on the skiing. Pretty sure that Marcus' goal with their project was to inject the fun into the sport.

I realize that many of us have different opinions of what "fun" entails. For these guys, on days when they are just ripping, it's laughing and smiling.......not "working on anything" or "mastering anything."

Just saying.......as there are plenty of videos of the technically perfect, depending on what you consider perfect.

Enjoy.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Luv it, luv it, luv it! Great to see real skiing at a real ski area. Can’t wait for the next episode.

Hey, that's not real. The chairlifts are empty and not running. :)
Folks who don’t ski the late, second season don’t know what they are missing. This video is at Snowbird, the other at Squaw, both are well known places that suffer from crowds mid season. Visit these places in April & May & you have it all to yourself everyday. Most think the snow sucks by then but as long as it freezes at night it can be great. Learn to carve turns with strong skills & you can find great skiing most of the day, a majority of days. It’s my favorite time of year to ski.

I hope the message of the turn reaches the masses :) !!!

Muleski

Inactive
It's fun. Low budget, Marcus' idea. Friend doing the filming. Funded by Blizz/Tecnica.

I really think it's about the joy. No question, in this segment, both guys could lay down perfect turns, which they are not doing. Marcus is in a pair of Cochise boots. Have no idea what the skis are, but not race skis or cheaters.

I would never suggest these as any type of training video, but as a statement that good skiers can smile and laugh a lot, on any surface, messing around with some "Mad Skills", they are fun.

I hope the turn keeps returning!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
It's fun. Low budget, Marcus' idea. Friend doing the filming. Funded by Blizz/Tecnica.

I really think it's about the joy. No question, in this segment, both guys could lay down perfect turns, which they are not doing. Marcus is in a pair of Cochise boots. Have no idea what the skis are, but not race skis or cheaters.

I would never suggest these as any type of training video, but as a statement that good skiers can smile and laugh a lot, on any surface, messing around with some "Mad Skills", they are fun.

I hope the turn keeps returning!

Marcus ski's are Bonafides

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
@MountainMonster, I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to facilitate a movement analysis of your signature.

This is what you are doing:

((*
*))
((*

You look late with your pole plant.

Try this:

((.
.))
((.
.))

Also, I'd get rid of those goofy looking powder baskets. You might attract more blondes.

Muleski

Inactive
The " Hot Blonde" is Claire Abbe Brown, who BTW is the publisher and editor of SkiRacing, based in Park City. Former NCAA AA at DU. Yeah, she can rip, despite the real job.

Muleski

Inactive
Marcus ski's are Bonafides

I think we might see every segment skied on 187cm Bonafides. Sort of like a Swiss Army Knife. Do it all.

I threw the question out there as he's not skiing on some ice skating, full on carver. Nor is Robby on his WC stock SL skis.

Which makes it kind of fun. I've skied those late April and May groomers, early AM on my 187cm Bonafides, and while I love that time of year, I'm probably not being confused with these guys. I do think I'd pass Claire's arc test, HaHa!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
@MountainMonster, I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty to facilitate a movement analysis of your signature.

This is what you are doing:

((*
*))
((*

You look late with your pole plant.

Try this:

((.
.))
((.
.))

Also, I'd get rid of those goofy looking powder baskets. You might attract more blondes.
brunette fan here ;)

Sponsor

Staff online