• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Those turns are perfect for me. :)

Agree! I love watching this stuff.

I think you know what I mean. Some could easily get into the weeds. "Well.....on a LOT of those turns, Marcus has ALL of his weight on the WRONG ski!!"

On something intended to be fun and an expression of his skiing and what he loves, I could frankly give a rat's ass about the lack of details, perfection, whatever.

Fun and play meter is pinned to the max!

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
"Well.....on a LOT of those turns, Marcus has ALL of his weight on the WRONG ski!!"

Having learned of Marcus Caston in this thread, I started watching more videos of him, then started following him on Instagram. Love this one, and its caption.

wp_ss_20171101_0002.png

Anyway, I have a right and left ski. I even have an uphill and downhill ski. But, last year, starting to learn how to teach, I came to know that it's an inside and outside ski, not uphill and downhill. So, I suppose there could be a right and wrong ski too. Which one is wrong? The left or right one?

Last edited:

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
There is so much that is inspirational in Marcus's skiing. Is his groomer skiing technically perfect? No, but who's is? All I know is there's a huge amount of ski performance coming out of his skiing. And a lot of athleticism. Finally, versatility.

Pretty amazing.

Mike

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Since it no longer has to be offpiste :)

But, let's try to keep it technical, but fun, ok?

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Nice Karlo, but those videos don't compare to Marcus's groomer skiing...

No, not even close technically. But, these guys are sure having a lot of fun. Ok, I'll keep it more technical. :)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Hasn't this been posted on here a few times in past couple of weeks?
Still, it's a fun video!

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Can you all please take this discussion elsewhere? It’s got nothing to do with the topic anymore. And as the OP I’m tired of getting alerts of a bunch of non doctors talking about anatomy rather than vids of skiing.

Doby Man

Out on the slopes
Skier
Can you all please take this discussion elsewhere? It’s got nothing to do with the topic anymore. And as the OP I’m tired of getting alerts of a bunch of non doctors talking about anatomy rather than vids of skiing.

Sorry about that OP. I didn't see your last post before I continued. Though, I think that ship sailed at page 2 when it turned into a Marcus caston thread. Not that I mind. He's a great skier to watch that I didn't know about until this thread diverted. However, I might say that the very last nail went into the coffin as soon as Karlo posted a video of "fun carving". Complete ski school thread technical blasphemy! :)

ProLeisure

We are all snow leopards.
Skier
This is a promo video for Whistler Blackcomb I stumbled upon and it contains some rowdy in-bounds off-piste skiing. As someone else mentioned, I really enjoy segments in ski movies where the terrain being skied is assessable via a lift. Even if I don't have the ability to ski it, it somehow makes it more attainable.

The first ski segment starts at 4:20:

Last edited:
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
And, who is that masked man? Could that be Eric Hjorleifson on Salomon skis?!! No,can't be, can it?

Given it's been very publicly advertised that the's still with 4FRNT, and he's a major Dynafit athlete...I don't think it's him.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Given it's been very publicly advertised that the's still with 4FRNT, and he's a major Dynafit athlete...I don't think it's him.

You must be right. Yet, he is mentioned in the credits. Did you see him elsewhere? I must have missed it, though this is a trailer right?