• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That Dahu boot makes my feet cold just looking at it. Intriguing idea. I mean, the comfort of a snowboarding boot in a ski boot sounds good to me but I can't see that as being a high performance boot. Who is the target buyer?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That Dahu boot makes my feet cold just looking at it. Intriguing idea. I mean, the comfort of a snowboarding boot in a ski boot sounds good to me but I can't see that as being a high performance boot. Who is the target buyer?
Not everything needs to be "high performance". The buyer is someone looking for comfort and convenience...I will say while it might be nice to access the hill in that inner boot but dealing with the chassis could be a PITA.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not everything needs to be "high performance". The buyer is someone looking for comfort and convenience...I will say while it might be nice to access the hill in that inner boot but dealing with the chassis could be a PITA.
If you had to make a choice...Apex or Dahu?

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sure, and I agree. I guess I was thinking of it only in the context of dedicated skiers who, I think?, typically are looking for performance first. I wasn't trying to suggest there wasn't a market at all.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
From one of the Orange Nation, err Blizzard reps at the convention:

Rustler 10 gets a 1mm increase in thickness of wood core. This is to improve top speed, and crud busting. Rustler 9 gets... green.

Bit of a head scratcher, but that must be why ski manufacturers aren’t calling guys like you and me for sage advice.

Thanks for the info! The Rustler 10 is the one that really needs the most improving so it does kinda make sense. Good news for people to jump on the Spring sales on the Rustler 9 and don’t love green topsheets though. Lol

James

Out There
Instructor
Dahu just keeps saying how revolutionary they are but it just looks like the Apex 2.0. Is it really better than the Apex or are they just ignoring them to create hype?
Yeah well Atomic is saying that about their rear entry boot. Never mind the concept is 40 yrs old and was in widespread production for nearly 20 yrs. It is still on the market with Alpina's boot, so it's just another one that will be more widely available. No doubt it'll be better than the Alpina.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought I read something suggesting that the new Stöckli Stormriders has been modified, but during the Facebook stream @Philpug said they’re just ngt. Are they, in fact, carry-overs in build and lengths but with new graphics?

Will check on that when we can circle back.
I'm not sure if Phil answered this question, so I will answer anyway.
They changed the core profile in the 95 and 105, and milled the metal top sheet in the tip and tail to give it a more forgiving free ride feel.
Edited 100 to 105. Opps, trying to do too much at one time.

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for catching that. Its the 105
IMG_0013.JPG

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
hopefully, we get some fresh for testing as I am curious how this changes the ski. If they are going to soften up the shovel, I would have liked to see them increase the rocker in the tail; especially if they are looking for a more "free ride" feel

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the Salomon booth now. Really nice changes to the QST line as well as a QST Ripper for your little ripper.
IMG_2714.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I commented above on the QST, I really like the new shape. So many great looking 98-106 ski's this season.

Sponsor

Staff online