• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Interesting shape for the new FX. It looks like they pretty much kept the front of the ski and made the tail more like MX tail, wider and less tapered, but still upturned, so of course not quite like the MX tail that goes full length and is unabashedly square and flat. I am a bit confused becuase the bulk of complaints about the FX95 was that the front does not engage all that readily, making it a not-so-energetic carver. I also see that they dropped the radius to 18 (from previous 20), that would also make it a better carver, but, I am afraid, at the expense of the off-trail stability. Some of the beauty of the current FX is that the sidecut is not too deep, making it much more predictable off-piste. On the plus side, I think the new FX96HP graphics is pretty sharp.

And, yes, the "Austrian Technology" decal is terribly disappointing. It's like "Born in Chamonix-MontBlanc" logo, which translates to "NOT made at the Dynastar factory in Salanches in order to increase profit margins".

Last edited:

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
I thought I read something suggesting that the new Stöckli Stormriders has been modified, but during the Facebook stream @Philpug said they’re just ngt. Are they, in fact, carry-overs in build and lengths but with new graphics?

RBski

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So Salomon - just dropped the following image on Social media - is this a replacement model to the BLAST - or a new line called BOLD? Any information from the show?

51265872_2707296072644444_5323378269926457344_o.jpg

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So Salomon - just dropped the following image on Social media - is this a replacement model to the BLAST - or a new line called BOLD? Any information from the show?

View attachment 64186
Not a replacement for the S/Max Blast, they were new this season. We have a pair in our test fleet and they are amazing. The S/Force is an addition.

Ukgk%2U5S+a1UheFO1OBaQ.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a replacement for the S/Max Blast, they were new this season. We have a pair in our test fleet and they are amazing. The S/Force is an addition.

View attachment 64187
I know someone who has been kinda drooling over these skis every time he sees them out on the hill. :drool: I'm sure he'd love to take a spin on them :D

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sure are. I skied a couple of runs on it (sorry I don't know the other lengths, the booth was pretty empty this was the only FX pair they had). I'm a longtime Kastle fan, have owned a good half dozen skis, Skied at least 100 days on FX94s. I didn't "get" the FX95, it felt like a step in the wrong direction to me. The 96 I think will be better, the ski that I was on had a bad tune and was very hard to ski, but I think that the overall feel of the ski, the solid damp feeling is good. I think that when properly tunes, the people that demo these in Colorado or wherever will probably like them. A different feel from the 94s which I'd say were "glassy", these have more of a thunk to them, but I think they will be good.

Lucky! ogsmile

Not sure I know what you mean by glassy. I have the 94's and I love them. They're not as damp as my MX88's (which is to be expected) but I still feel they're a reasonably solid ski. I demo'd the 95 HP and wasn't a fan but it was likely the ski was one size too long for me. The tip wouldn't engage well when turning on hard pack. In softer snow the tip did engage better but wasn't consistent. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the reviews. Sorry you got stuck with a bad tune!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am really intrigued by these new FX's. While I was a big fan of the original skis (other than the sizing), I personally never warmed up to the past ones. I do think that this new collection are going to be winners.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is Salomon making changes to their XPro line of boots similar to what they did for the SMax series this year?
Will be there this AM...will confirm.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh, it was asked in another thread about Elan, they are still offering race skis, they are jsut not in the consumer catalog that was posted on line but they are in the full line catalog.

Rld4nUJJQm6S0nDKbUgZZA.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought I read something suggesting that the new Stöckli Stormriders has been modified, but during the Facebook stream @Philpug said they’re just ngt. Are they, in fact, carry-overs in build and lengths but with new graphics?
Will check on that when we can circle back.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
[QUOTE="epicentre, post: 318642, member: 1262"s]
In Pugski's livecast Phil showed an Stockli AR.. wondering what is the difference between this ski and the AX
AX is 78 underfoot, the AR is 83. I think it will be a winner. Expect a AR/MX84 Cage Match this fall.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wait WAIT!!!!! They're resurrecting the AR?!?!? Only different?? :huh:

Calbearski

Booting up
Skier
Any changes to the Tecnica Firebird or Mach 1 boots coming for 2020? Also, Phil mentioned the Rustler 9 is being "beefed up" for 2020. Any idea how that translates into how it performs on the snow? Better groomer performance?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Any changes to the Tecnica Firebird or Mach 1 boots coming for 2020? Also, Phil mentioned the Rustler 9 is being "beefed up" for 2020. Any idea how that translates into how it performs on the snow? Better groomer performance?

Didn’t know the Rustler 9 was being beefed up as well, just the Rustler 10 which needs it even more than the 9 does. Heard the Rustler 10(and I guess 9 too?) were getting some core construction changes to add about 100-150 grams per ski approx.
These changes should put them in the 2000 gram range in the 180cm.

Have thought the only issue I had with my Rustler 9 was crud performance which is good but not great and a little extra weight would help with that. High speed stability and crud performance should be improved to put it closer to the Enforcer line in that regard while still being the “more playful brother” of the Technica line.

Not a fan of the green topsheet of the Rustler 9 for next year but the 10 and 11 look okay.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January