• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
jS4ei4MrQVGQzIYq+R1xlA.jpg
J%6kwJJnQYyAdAlrnFIwxw.jpg
WylZzUsLTHCujGFIKFyKdQ.jpg
MTYzLPmQS7a9W%7UhHYPig.jpg
71XDVbTUS662A7h0OcDAZw.jpg
+3GocSu0QVKOEAGPieKC7A.jpg
iQ9rc3%FSxev%740QIbTRw.jpg
4LBfJcnCSyGAa3EPbWL9wA.jpg
QxyCwX+mTE2VvoRiHKW46A.jpg
U5wEL0hKR1qTACAx8yB3Pw.jpg
jNtpVxvxQGai9zLVOtGQcg.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Was that Owen Wilson?
Don't tell me he did the Meir graphics, cause he must of been really out of it. Most others look good. Dps very pretty, but what's up with the seahorse lion? They feel they need a crest now?

The Redster is elegant, but not uh...red.

What is the purpose of the front Dalbello buckle?

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Most others look good. Dps very pretty, but what's up with the seahorse lion? They feel they need a crest now?

The Redster is elegant, but not uh...red.

Nearly exactly what I was thinking. Especially the part about the Redsters not being red.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It looks like a lot of places to pack snow into. What’s the liner made of? How does it keep my foot warm and dry? Never seen anything like it.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
That DAHU boot just looks SO strange to me. I know I'm old school, but.........

Looks like another version of the Apex Boot? :huh:

Il say it again, the Atomic Savor line of boots are going to be a hit. :thumb:

I agree, the Redsters HAVE to be Red :D

The Dalbello touring boot looks a bit strange but it might work well :huh: , they are going all in with GripWalk it seems.

The Mantra 102 looks VERY interesting :thumb:

7+ Different Deacon Models !? (XT, 74, 75, 76, 79, 80 and 84) wtf. Some splaining is required.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What is the purpose of the front Dalbello buckle
Supposedly to give an adjustable width. Also, 4 buckle boots are more mainstream than 3 even if the 4th isn't really a true buckle.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If you are referring to the 1950gram "my fit 100% fully customizable shell and liner" green Panterra 120 grip walk 100 - 102mm last, 50º cuff ski/hike range of motion, the reversed front buckle is commonplace in AT boots to stay out of the way when rock scrambling etc. Same with the 1690gram Panterra 130, 1920gram Panterra 100, and the 99 - 100 last 1740gram Panterra 95 W and Panterra 85 W.
If however, you are referring to the 1299 gram black Dalbello Lupo Air 130 ID 100mm last and the Lupo Air 120 ID, that is the "new cable closing system" cable buckle.

James

Out There
Instructor
7+ Different Deacon Models !? (XT, 74, 75, 76, 79, 80 and 84) wtf. Some splaining is required.
Look at the bright side. There's not 7 different names.

Though personally, I can never keep straight the different Fischer Curves. I just know there's one, the biggest, baddest one that supposedly Von Grunigen wanted made and skis. I was offered a test at a shop I go to. Picked it up, put it back down, and said yeah, no.

James

Out There
Instructor
If you are referring to the 1950gram "my fit 100% fully customizable shell and liner" green Panterra 120 grip walk 100 - 102mm last, 50º cuff ski/hike range of motion, the reversed front buckle is commonplace in AT boots to stay out of the way when rock scrambling etc. Same with the 1690gram Panterra 130, 1920gram Panterra 100, and the 99 - 100 last 1740gram Panterra 95 W and Panterra 85 W.
If however, you are referring to the 1299 gram black Dalbello Lupo Air 130 ID 100mm last and the Lupo Air 120 ID, that is the "new cable closing system" cable buckle.
This one.
IMG_5816.JPG

That narrows the fit?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Europeans like 4 buckle boots. The front buckle does as much here as much as in any four buckle boot.

Qpud

Booting up
Skier
You forgot to include pix of the new tele boots. Oh yeah, never mind.ogsmile

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier

FairToMiddlin

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Didn’t know the Rustler 9 was being beefed up as well, just the Rustler 10 which needs it even more than the 9 does. Heard the Rustler 10(and I guess 9 too?) were getting some core construction changes to add about 100-150 grams per ski approx.
These changes should put them in the 2000 gram range in the 180cm.

Have thought the only issue I had with my Rustler 9 was crud performance which is good but not great and a little extra weight would help with that. High speed stability and crud performance should be improved to put it closer to the Enforcer line in that regard while still being the “more playful brother” of the Technica line.

Not a fan of the green topsheet of the Rustler 9 for next year but the 10 and 11 look okay.

From one of the Orange Nation, err Blizzard reps at the convention:

Rustler 10 gets a 1mm increase in thickness of wood core. This is to improve top speed, and crud busting. Rustler 9 gets... green.

Bit of a head scratcher, but that must be why ski manufacturers aren’t calling guys like you and me for sage advice.