• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now this... :rocks:
Oh, did I mention that there are two bourbon tasting locations in the center this year.
We hit this one late today.
View attachment 64174 View attachment 64175

72nMWNPkTdqhP1AhiO34tg.jpg
WGuaVVv+QNWnQMkFtwdaLQ.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Of all your ski group pics, most like the simple rich color gradient graphics on the DPS skis. Most of the other brand/models are ok however a few if I bought, would soon look like snow after some $3.98 Home Depot white primer followed by modest personal creations.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
The Redster is elegant, but not uh...red.

I agree, the Redsters HAVE to be Red :D

Really? Has this concept been explained to the current Redster X series?

Seriously, there is nothing on the pictured ski to say if it is a course or cross model - and Atomic's red/green colour distinction between the two has been brilliant since the days of the SX.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
<- Thinks that, if Blizzard intend to aspect to orange long-term, they should do some nods to both Jitensha and Molteni.

I think Blizzard should wait a while on that aspect. The world is still full of Fyre festival jokes and documentaries.

Last edited:

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive
I'm not sure if Phil answered this question, so I will answer anyway.
They changed the core profile in the 95 and 105, and milled the metal top sheet in the tip and tail to give it a more forgiving free ride feel.
Edited 100 to 105. Opps, trying to do too much at one time.

Thanks Tricia! Are they keeping the same size runs?

FairToMiddlin

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
upload_2019-2-1_10-34-24.jpeg

Talked to @LindseyB at the Stöckli booth, the answer Tricia got jives with what I got on the SR95&105: thicker core for more pop, thinner titanal for more playful feel. The tail shape is new, wider and more aggressive for powerful turn finish; kind of a reminder that this more playful construction still has “Stöckli” on the topsheet. Looking forward to getting on snow with the new 95 to see how it compares with the previous three generations.

The 88 and 100 Edge have ‘tour’ in small font, but Lindsey says not to be fooled, they are still serious enough to be worthy of the name.

SR88 is a carryover from last year (a very, very good thing), and it looks like the serious Laser AR mentioned elsewhere in this thread fills in for the missing SR83.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
All this good stuff. I'm going to need a cigarette.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
hopefully, we get some fresh for testing as I am curious how this changes the ski. If they are going to soften up the shovel, I would have liked to see them increase the rocker in the tail; especially if they are looking for a more "free ride" feel
Exactly. The tail rocker is the main thing I wanted different when I tried the SR95. I need to get on the SR88, but the Edge is interesting. Also, if the AR releases the tail just a bit easier than the AX, I'll be quite intrigued; the grip of the AX is amazing.

Turnoisier

Booting up
Skier
The Edge 88 does look interesting. I wonder if it has anything in common with the 16-17 stormrider?

Any sightings of the new Laser SC?

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
The tail on the SR95 already is turned up a bit on this seasons model and a tad more tapered than the 2020 pics. If it’s kicked up as well, does it really matter? It’s not like it’s flat like an OG Enforcer. Maybe it makes the running length longer

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January