• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
in frigid onshore wind that I guarantee was way colder than anything you experienced in your goddamn Colorado Rockies.
Yep. Baking on some lifts when the sun is full blast. Today not as sunny but still quite warm. At times full on sun too. But... nice cooling breeze in afternoon.

Skis of the day:
IMG_5165.JPG
Horrible square tips invented by square heads. Beautiful ski otherwise.

IMG_5166.JPG
Afternoon some clouds and cooling wind. No real need for any more layers though the people in not bike shorts were probably cold.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I’ve been pondering this, and I think they could name it Grouse. For what is going to occur by expanding skier capacity on to that terrain.

I mean, you know whats gonna happen... The cat walk is gonna get even more sketchy since most people take that route (even more than spillway since most are allergic to moguls!)

Loveland-Ski-Resort-Trail-Map.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Quick programming note: I'm pretty awesome these days. Please skip the "How ARE you doing?" questions and instead just act normal and/or excited to see me :)

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
How’s the snow holding up in the heat?

A-Basin’s website says the steeper stuff off Pali and Zuma is closed and all of East Wall...

Last edited:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
How’s the snow holding up in the heat?

A-Basin’s website says the steeper stuff off Pali and Zuma is closed and all of East Wall...

No real refreeze all week so there has to be lots of water moving through the snowpack, the good thing is that everything should be soft!

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
No real refreeze all week so there has to be lots of water moving through the snowpack, the good thing is that everything should be soft!

It’s still refreezing from the snowpack. Nice layer of slush on top right now: Should be a massive slushfest later with record temps today.

6D45B71C-9E45-403A-B3C6-720D01D280C2.jpeg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's how I felt going to Chile in August. At least around here we have enough racers heading to Chile/New Zealand to train so it wasn't too bad. Still got some weird looks though.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I fly out tonight! Going to the airport straight from work. It did feel funny to be lugging my ski and boot bags out into the summery streets in a t-shirt. Bags waiting at work:
View attachment 45631

I'll be happy to be on any snow at this point!

I feel the same and im in Denver! :roflmao:

Its basically summer here as well even at elevation!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a great day yesterday with @KingGrump and family. His son gave @James a quick tutorial on "the taos way" (and a refresher for me ). Then we practiced on 13 Cornices till the Pali lift closed, then retreated to Exhibition, Ramrod, and Sundance till they chased us off the mountain so they could close.

Lots of fun to ski with the grumps again. I'm glad they decided to stop by on their drive home.

TS
James

James

Out There
Instructor
Atrocious weather out here. Neighborhood bike path:
IMG_5197.JPG
Rough start today. Got all the way to the mountain, unloaded the skis, forgot the boot bag.

IMG_5188.JPG
When it's blue it's very blue.

IMG_5189.JPG
Mid day clouds again. One goes from bright sun to flatish light at times. We made do. ^ Emily heading down off Lenawee.

Last run from top. Surface crunch now.
IMG_5192.JPG IMG_5195.JPG
@nay

IMG_5190.JPG

@nay further down.

IMG_5178.JPG
Part of yesterday's crew. @SkiNurse ,@Doug Briggs , @Philpug (green jacket), @mdf , Grump jr, @KingGrump , @Tricia , Mrs Grump

IMG_5181.JPG
@mdf in the bumps.

IMG_5182.JPG
@KingGrump in the bumps. Had a fantastic time with the Grumps. Thanks to the King and Andrew for the great bump clinic. A great way to ski steep bumps with very little energy. Very fun. Andrew was using his all mountain ski - a 158 Atomic fis slalom with gate deflectors.

IMG_5183.JPG
KingGrump and mdf in bumps with the rest waiting.

IMG_5198.JPG
@bbinder ?

Last edited:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Today was a blast. Great to see everybody.

Zuma.

F4A70091-49CD-4260-8820-DFEB13012418.jpeg

@James in Zuma off Northern Spy. The off piste finally softened in the afternoon. Quite a bit of runnel and sun cupping out here, but skiable fast with full turn commit.

22EA0EE0-EFBB-4E48-9C01-E2F37586B295.jpeg

The slush continued to deepen. Emily below.

353C02CD-5D58-43C7-BDD8-1971C5D28E21.jpeg 6A4552F4-CE3A-45DF-8955-843E75B79A49.jpeg

A little Pali from Standard to International while @James and @mdf kept trying rotten bump pitches back down to Exhibition.

E4F5730D-1EA6-4571-9894-66D8EF6F4352.jpeg

The Sundance slush at the end. BMX cool down slush laps are perfect on days like today.

765DCE0E-4FD5-4C55-9CEF-D3D5259AB0E6.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online