• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
You'll get them back. When they're like ...50 ish.

Actually sooner than that. My "kids" are 30's, and they have loved hanging out with us, skiing with us, etc. since their late teens years. They live "a long way" from home, and really value when we get together. They like having their friends hang out with us, and always have. They were quite high level racers, through their NCAA years, and now work in the business. I bet that by the time our youngest was 14, she loved to grab either of us for a free ski run or two, and sought us out to do so. Might be that we know how to ski...May have had to do with being a boarding student at the local ski academy, at that time.....dunno. Interesting now, we have friends who will go 6 months without talking to their kids, and we never go more than about 3 days....unless they are out of the country. I am a firm believer that the ski experience is a good one for a family, and for raising kids.

skifastDDS

AKA doublediamond223
Skier
Probably getting a pair [or two] of new slalom skis for this year, and definitely getting a Razor-Tune grinder for better tuning. Biggest purchase is the Ikon pass though, which will make exploring a lot of new ski areas fun and easy.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My reverse buying spree is going great. It hurts to see how much I've earned on consignment and realize I "could have" gotten twice as much - except that I'd have had to do all the legwork, and realistically I would probably have given up and sold it for possibly less than my cut from consignment.

ALSO, they are clearly much better at selling skis than I am. So far, the two pairs that sold went for FAR more than I would have sold them for on CL - in fact, my cut is more than I'd have expected to sell them for. Weirdly, the Icelantic Gypsies are the ones that haven't sold yet. Well, I find it weird.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not anymore! I'm out of that business. Clearly, that shop is much better than I am at it!

Which shop are you consigning at? I really need to sell my Stocklis but have no desire (or time) to deal with shipping if they were to sell here to someone non-local.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Which shop are you consigning at? I really need to sell my Stocklis but have no desire (or time) to deal with shipping if they were to sell here to someone non-local.

Boulder Sports Recycler. You get 50% for anything they sell for under $100, and 60% above. My "cut" was $318 for a pair of first gen Icelantic Nomads with fairly old Fritschi bindings, and $255 for a several year old pair of JJs with demo Attack bindings - they had been demo skis before I bought them for Eric.

Look, some of you might have done better than that selling skis, but I would not have - and it would have taken time to take good photos and sift through annoying emails and schedule meetups.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Look, some of you might have done better than that selling skis, but I would not have - and it would have taken time to take good photos and sift through annoying emails and schedule meetups.

Yeah, that's my issue, I just don't have the time or inclination to deal with CL and the safety risks make me nervous too. I have an inquiry from a Pugskier now but if that doesn't work out I'll look at the consignment option. Thanks.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Nah, it's not worth the bother for me either.

Not anymore! I'm out of that business. Clearly, that shop is much better than I am at it!

That was a joke about CL price structure, not your goods :) If I wanted to pay almost $200 for a ski from the early 2000s with sketchy bindings, I'd shop at my local one. :D

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Actually sooner than that. My "kids" are 30's, and they have loved hanging out with us, skiing with us, etc. since their late teens years. They live "a long way" from home, and really value when we get together. They like having their friends hang out with us, and always have. They were quite high level racers, through their NCAA years, and now work in the business. I bet that by the time our youngest was 14, she loved to grab either of us for a free ski run or two, and sought us out to do so. Might be that we know how to ski...May have had to do with being a boarding student at the local ski academy, at that time.....dunno. Interesting now, we have friends who will go 6 months without talking to their kids, and we never go more than about 3 days....unless they are out of the country. I am a firm believer that the ski experience is a good one for a family, and for raising kids.
They're just making sure they'll be in the will...

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
New $50. 22.5(corrected from 22.4)

f92b1872-cc17-4423-9115-38e63a8c4581.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online