• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Which shop are you consigning at? I really need to sell my Stocklis but have no desire (or time) to deal with shipping if they were to sell here to someone non-local.

Boulder Sports Recycler. You get 50% for anything they sell for under $100, and 60% above. My "cut" was $318 for a pair of first gen Icelantic Nomads with fairly old Fritschi bindings, and $255 for a several year old pair of JJs with demo Attack bindings - they had been demo skis before I bought them for Eric.

Look, some of you might have done better than that selling skis, but I would not have - and it would have taken time to take good photos and sift through annoying emails and schedule meetups.

Which shop?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

Thanks CGirl, I just sent them an email :D

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Bought Arc'Teryx Iser ski pants at half price through their replacement program.

What is this "replacement program"?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This is not a true 22.5, it is a short liner in a 23.5 shell. The heel pocket is huge for a 98mm shell and a ton of room over the instep. If all this is fine, great but just be aware.
It will work for the snowboarder. :)

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Ordered a pair of Blizzard Firebird SRCs from SkiEssentials this morning. Should be a fun replacement for a pair of Blizzard WC SLs that are still in good shape, but aren't red like the Firebirds. Went for the DPS Phantom Base treatment too. Seemed like good people to deal with and I appreciated the Pugski discount.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Crossing my finger that that order really went through.... snow saw for $8, new shovel for $6, voile straps for < $1 each, and a couple of 75cent scrapers.

Their website is getting hammered, but in case there is something anyone on here wants to try and get: https://www.brooks-range.com

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Got some new ski pants/bibs from FlyLow (Firefly Bib). I've never owned any of their items so am looking forward to trying them out. They sure seem nice.

ARM.jpg

Hawk45

Beginner Clydesdale
Skier
I didn't realize how poor my cold weather gear was till started going through my gear to come up with a ski outfit. Had to order a new golves/mitts, polar fleece, a shell, base layers and several pairs of pants (shell and insulated). The clothing is costing more than my skis/boots.

Hawk45

Beginner Clydesdale
Skier

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wanted a soft snow that would be good in trees and areas i enjoy out west. so i bought DPS wailer 106 foundations, looks like a good fit for me

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Couldn't pass up a good deal on a used pair of Stockli SR 107's. Hoping it doesn't jinx my season. It seems like every time I own an actual powder ski I don't get to ski fresh powder that year.

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
It's a really limited ski season for me. I have just 17 days between December 12 and 29 to get my skiing in, so I won't be buying anything. Next year though! Thinking Epic Pass, Kastle skis to replace my Rev 85 Pros. The works.

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
-New "everyday" helmet, yesterday: Sweet Protection Igniter II MIPS

guessing you already got the helmet, seems like the II version of the helmets igniter, trooper, grimnir all use some sort of magnetic buckle, if so any idea how's this different than the one smith was using on the quantum helmet that was recalled due to risk of getting unbuckled by itself? I loved that magnetic buckle and having to have it replaced was a bit of a let down!

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
guessing you already got the helmet, seems like the II version of the helmets igniter, trooper, grimnir all use some sort of magnetic buckle, if so any idea how's this different than the one smith was using on the quantum helmet that was recalled due to risk of getting unbuckled by itself? I loved that magnetic buckle and having to have it replaced was a bit of a let down!
Greetings, I am not familiar with the Smith Quantum line. I was also surprised by the magnetic buckling system of the Igniter II, but for some reason I haven't used it yet. I am still using the old helmet, call it being sentimental...anyway I plan to use the new one next week end, I'll let you know my impressions.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Couldn't pass up a good deal on a used pair of Stockli SR 107's. Hoping it doesn't jinx my season. It seems like every time I own an actual powder ski I don't get to ski fresh powder that year.

How's that working out for ya' :). Come out west!

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
How's that working out for ya' :). Come out west!

Whadaya mean? They were perfect yesterday for Blue Mountain's 3 open trails. I actually did take them out yesterday for a few runs in the afternoon when I got bored. While my AX 78's were perfect for the conditions, I can see that the SR107's will rip if given a chance. (not just for avoiding the brown spots)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January