• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
guessing you already got the helmet, seems like the II version of the helmets igniter, trooper, grimnir all use some sort of magnetic buckle, if so any idea how's this different than the one smith was using on the quantum helmet that was recalled due to risk of getting unbuckled by itself? I loved that magnetic buckle and having to have it replaced was a bit of a let down!

Greetings, I am not familiar with the Smith Quantum line. I was also surprised by the magnetic buckling system of the Igniter II, but for some reason I haven't used it yet. I am still using the old helmet, call it being sentimental...anyway I plan to use the new one next week end, I'll let you know my impressions.

I used it two week ago.
Found it surprisingly easy to unlatch, once identified the right way to do it (use the right hand and lightly pull), despite the little hook. I hope it won't come off that easily because of a fall or hurt. I'm in Europe and recalls here area gray area, to say the least.
Checked the images of the Smith Quantum helmets magnetic buckle and they look similar if not identical to the ones the Igniter II has.
Will keep an eye on the news and sniff around reviews.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
New goggles are on the way! On Sunday I had snow inside my old goggles which wasn't fun.

Time for new boots. Toenail is black and blue again. Might be better to shop locally than have to take repeat visits up north if they need work.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bought a new set of drop ins for my helmet.
https://www.outdoortechnology.com/collections/snow/products/chips?variant=32888773774

chips-bluetooth-helmet-speakers_large.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ziggy is looking for a visit from his favorite Vet. ;)
That may be in the cards, but not this season I'm afraid. I will be going to Snowmass later this week, and thought that I would see if Jack Rafferty is around. If that doesn't pan out, then maybe I can drag you and/or Phil to a shop or two at Big Sky...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That may be in the cards, but not this season I'm afraid. I will be going to Snowmass later this week, and thought that I would see if Jack Rafferty is around. If that doesn't pan out, then maybe I can drag you and/or Phil to a shop or two at Big Sky...
I hope Jack is there for you. He's da bomb.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a Strafe Exhibition jacket and matching Strafe pants. Both are NeoShell and have Alpha insulation. I've skied a few days in the jacket and have been pretty happy with how it performs. The pants are off at Rainy Pass Repair getting shortened.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Every bootfitter loves when a customer comes in with an entourage....NOT. ;) If you DO see Jack, tell him we said Hi.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought the Epic Military Pass as they purchased Stevens Pass Resort my home area. I also bought a pair of Kastle MX89. A pair of Salomon X-Pro 130 boots to replace my Atomic Live fit 130. Goggles from Skl Essentials. All good purchases. Thanks to Phil for all of the good reviews.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought the Epic Military Pass as they purchased Stevens Pass Resort my home area. I also bought a pair of Kastle MX89. A pair of Salomon X-Pro 130 boots to replace my Atomic Live fit 130. Goggles from Skl Essentials. All good purchases. Thanks to Phil for all of the good reviews.
Rather Phil and all others who provide great reviews.

Sponsor

Staff online