• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Yeah, we looked at Reno area places for two days, all supposedly meeting the parameters we gave the agents, and found the one we liked that subsequently became the disappointment.

I made the mistake of fulfilling my wife's request to see Mt. Rose and drove up Mt. Rose road. Turned her off despite the fact we'd normally be using I-80. She also disliked all the freeway travel to get almost anywhere in Reno.

I'm well aware of where I COULD extend my Vail career. Not really a concern. Most ski areas anywhere can use a VERY experienced LIII instructor. Never liked Heavenly or Kirkwood, never skied Northstar. Kinda liked Park City and Canyons, but it's been many years.

We both grew up in rural towns and aren't big city fans

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, we looked at Reno area places for two days, all supposedly meeting the parameters we gave the agents, and found the one we liked that subsequently became the disappointment.

I made the mistake of fulfilling my wife's request to see Mt. Rose and drove up Mt. Rose road. Turned her off despite the fact we'd normally be using I-80. She also disliked all the freeway travel to get almost anywhere in Reno.

I'm well aware of where I COULD extend my Vail career. Not really a concern. Most ski areas anywhere can use a VERY experienced LIII instructor. Never liked Heavenly or Kirkwood, never skied Northstar. Kinda liked Park City and Canyons, but it's been many years.

We both grew up in rural towns and aren't big city fans
Have you considered Carson City? Close to Reno but much smaller.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
That makes sense. I was wondering where the "boss" was in this conversation. Me being a boss too and all.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
The Heber Valley would be a very nice place to live. Pretty much everything is there and not a freeway in sight.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We are just around the corner from you right now in Park City, we are headed back to Reno this afternoon. Sorry it didn't work out for you in Reno, I know we are very happy there and your concerns with traffic, I guess, it relative...I came from east coast where the traffic is a bit more hectic.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The Heber Valley would be a very nice place to live. Pretty much everything is there and not a freeway in sight.

With Park City close by, this is a good choice imo and maybe the closest to Breck’s environment minus the altitude possible.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Found a house in Heber City that appeases the wife and takes care of most of my property desires. And I can walk around with 94-95 per cent blood oxygenation!!!
I'm happy for you Kneale:golfclap: You were a man on a mission and I have been cheering you on from afar .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Turned her off despite the fact we'd normally be using I-80. She also disliked all the freeway travel to get almost anywhere in Reno.
There are many ways to get around without using the freeway, trust me, I know where you come from and I really try to avoid freeway traffic as much as possible. ;)

We are just around the corner from you right now in Park City, we are headed back to Reno this afternoon. Sorry it didn't work out for you in Reno, I know we are very happy there and your concerns with traffic, I guess, it relative...I came from east coast where the traffic is a bit more hectic.
This from my other half who takes the freeway when I'd prefer to avoid it. ;)

Found a house in Heber City that appeases the wife and takes care of most of my property desires. And I can walk around with 94-95 per cent blood oxygenation!!!
That is awesome. Glad you and Monique found your happy place. We'll visit some time and reconnect.

SugarCube

Out on the slopes
Skier
Happy news! Good that you found someplace that checks all the boxes, Kneale! My best to you and your wife from me and UL. Congrats! :golfclap:

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
So, Kneale, will you be transferring to Park City? Here's to hoping that your move is as undisruptive as possible (if that is possible).

Mike

I will apply at PCMR. There's also Deer Valley and Sundance, of course.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink