• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Spent two days looking at houses near Reno. Just missed on one that meets our desires: house and an acre or two with a large outbuilding I can use as a shop in our price range. Thinking we should get our house sold and belongings stored so we could go back ready to jump on a new listing. Stopping in Heber City and starting an internet house search.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
Driggs is a bit out of the way, but house prices are pretty reasonable and you've got Targhee just up the road. Idaho Falls has decent health care. And you can drive the pass to JH.

Mike

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Just notified by agents in Reno the place we liked may be available at asking price because the buyer ahead of us is arguing with sellers about pricing, based on an inspection of things I can deal with, so we may be in the running there. Rather be at the home of PugSki.com.:golfclap::golfclap:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just notified by agents in Reno the place we liked may be available at asking price because the buyer ahead of us is arguing with sellers about pricing, based on an inspection of things I can deal with, so we may be in the running there. Rather be at the home of PugSki.com.:golfclap::golfclap:

That’s great. Good luck with that!

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
From my couple days there, mostly flat, moderate temperatures, unspectacular (compared to out my window in Breckenridge) mountain views. The freeways are very busy. I heard more than once that Californians are swarming into Reno, partly because some California industry is moving there and partly to just avoid the taxes.

Oh, yeah, LOTS of oxygen in the air!!!! My SpO2 stayed above 95 regardless of activity.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
At least it's more healthy!!! I guess that means better:P:P

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
At least it's more healthy!!! I guess that means better:P:P

Hah, I struggle with this all the time - what I want vs what my body needs ... I suspect it won't get easier as I get older ...

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
You have no idea. My daughters are older than you!!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Just learned that tenants occupying the place in Reno we wanted can stay until their lease expires in August. My wife says guess we're investigating Heber City further.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Will be visiting Heber City again next week to look at houses. We have to find a place because our Breck house is sold and we have to vacate by the second week in May.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Will be visiting Heber City again next week to look at houses. We have to find a place because our Breck house is sold and we have to vacate by the second week in May.

Wow-things are moving quick! Good luck! Have you been talking to resorts to teach at?

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Been waiting to see where we'll end up. If we go to Heber City, I can continue my eleven-year career with Vail Resorts.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Just learned that tenants occupying the place in Reno we wanted can stay until their lease expires in August. My wife says guess we're investigating Heber City further.
I'm sure there is more than one place in Reno that'll be on the market.:) Where in Reno was the place you were looking at?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Here is some data comparing both Reno, NV and Truckee NV (for the purpose of comparing ski days) to Breckenridge.
Reno shows substantially less snow than Breck but within 30 minutes we're right up there with snow amounts. That's nice because you're not constantly driving in snow all winter like in the higher elevations.

@Kneale Brownson, wherever you land I wish you the best!

Sponsor

Staff online