• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kneale a friend and Insrtructor from Big Sky moved to teaching at Deer Vally while in his 70's. Got his Level 3 while at DV and had a very successful career teaching at DV into his 80's. When he left DV for retirement it was his decision. By very successful I meant lots of teaching hours. I bet there are opportunities at DV.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Thanks, Jack. I have an 11-year history with Vail based on a 40-year history of teaching that COULD mean maintaining my current remuneration rate. Most new places would give me some credit for certification (LIII) and experience, but pay a bit less. Doesn't really matter. I want to teach some and ski a lot!!

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Best wishes on the relocation. Don't know much about Heber City, but they have a fun historic railroad and good cheese!
dscn0266-jpg.69244

dscn0290-jpg.69246

and it looks good from 10,000'.
heber valley from deer valley.jpg
heber valley again.jpg

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
LOL I thought the Farmer's Touch picture was from the hospital surgery, not the cheese plant.

I'll have to take the train ride some sunny day this summer. I used to be a docent at the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance's Rotary Snowplow Park, where I talked about the adventure of the Denver, South Park and Pacific Railroad. Had the DSP&P not come to Breckenridge in the 1870s, gold extraction would never have been big enough here to sustain starting a community, so there probably would not be a Breckenridge today.

Looking forward to returning to Stein's Way. Visited once before.

Mike King

AKA Habacomike
Instructor
So, in my family, Heber City was always know as Heaver City. In the 30's when my father was a wee lad moving to Steamboat from Toelle, he was violently ill in Heaver (Heber) City. Fast forward 60 years, and my daughter had a similar experience while we were driving through the first time there. That being said, I've thought it to be an incredibly beautiful town. Enjoy!

Mike

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Didn't like the ups and downs of the roadways contributing to car sickness?

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Ahhh, used to be a forested area in Michigan that every time my dad drove through there, his nose started running and he'd sneeze frequently.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
We bought a house in Heber City, Ut, provided the mortgage gets approved, and are clearing out of our house in Breck Thursday. Closing for this house is tomorrow.

I applied to PCMR and my application is in processing with my "good standing" at Vail Resorts recognized. I imagine their personnel mostly are on vacation.

I'll be glad to get away from my oxygen concentrators :golfclap:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
That’s exciting and it sounds like you are well on your way. Good luck with all this!

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
The mortgage was approved, our truckload of belongings arrived after we had spent several nights in the "new" digs on an air mattress and we're still unpacking/arranging. This house is supposed to have 1,000 more square feet of space than our Breck house, but we can't find any places to put things:huh::huh:

I've been hired at PCMR and will be assigned to work out of the Canyons base:golfclap::golfclap: The adventure gets more adventurous. Last time I skied at Park City, there WAS no Canyons.

I used to cut the grass in Breck once a summer with a shared mower from a neighbor. I've had to cut it here TWICE already. I had to go buy a mower.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've been hired at PCMR and will be assigned to work out of the Canyons base:golfclap::golfclap: The adventure gets more adventurous. Last time I skied at Park City, there WAS no Canyons.
One thing you may want to check on is what the Instructor locker situation is at Canyons base. When we were staying there during the HOF week we noticed a lot of instructors taking the can back to the parking lot and hauling skis, wearing ski boots.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
One thing you may want to check on is what the Instructor locker situation is at Canyons base. When we were staying there during the HOF week we noticed a lot of instructors taking the can back to the parking lot and hauling skis, wearing ski boots.
Thanks for the heads up. I'd have to guess they lockered out of the PC base and had lessons on the Canyons side, but I'll try to check it out next month, when I can get shown around.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the heads up. I'd have to guess they lockered out of the PC base and had lessons on the Canyons side, but I'll try to check it out next month, when I can get shown around.
It was surpising for us to see all of the instructors talking the cabriolet gondola to the parking lot with all thier gear.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Might it be a closet/shelving/storage issue rather than living space? Most western homes come without a lot of shelving, so I generally have had to put some in.
Open space is far more important to some than it is to others.

Sponsor