• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
  • 4 seriously fun top to bottom ungroomed trails (Fractures Fairy Tales, Fearless Leader, Rocky's Run, T-bar Line)

Good trail names too... I loved Fractured Fairy Tales when I was a kid. The segments on Rocky and Bullwinkle I mean, not the ski run (never been there). ogsmile

sparty

Out on the slopes
Skier
I looked at the occupancy rate and decided not to go to the hill this weekend. Not going to deal with crowds.
I think a lot of people felt the same way. Sunday River felt like a mid-March Sunday crowd, not President's Day weekend today. Incredible hero snow on most of the groomers, woods sounded like line choice could make a significant difference in loudness. Sun was out and there wasn't any perceptible wind, so despite seeing -17F this morning on the way in, it never felt really cold.

I'd happily put on all my layers again tomorrow if it meant the same lack of crowds.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
^^That description could have been for Bretton Woods. I expect it to be more crowded tomorrow, given the forecast doesn't involve below zero starting temp.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
8E658825-6D48-4719-A57B-722C9262414E.jpeg
A fun little collage that sums it up, that happy little face is solid ice over the tourist viewer on the tram deck. Cannon true to nature was brutally cold today, unlike its nature there was no wind & consistent packed powder vs. icy. With layers the cold was irrelevant & the day was spectacular! So wish I could go back to tomorrow

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I was at Berkshire East today. It was friggin’ COLD. Fixed grip chairs made it hard to get warm.

Snow was firm but edgeable. Basically nobody around; longest lift wait was maybe three chairs?

Heading up to Bromley in the morning.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
This was probably the most sane Saturday we have had at Stowe since early December. Not sure how much of it is blacking out passes and how much is from turning the thermostat down to -20. This morning there were empty chairs on the quad at 8.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Killington was surprisingly good today. Major runs were skied off by 2 pm, but crowds were not much of a problem. Brat House was open at the old Vista Deck for a nice lunch with a view. View attachment 93823
Now that's an out of the way spot. I used to ski Killington every weekend a couple of decades ago, and I've probably seen it only once or twice, lifetime total, and never been inside.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
This was probably the most sane Saturday we have had at Stowe since early December. Not sure how much of it is blacking out passes and how much is from turning the thermostat down to -20. This morning there were empty chairs on the quad at 8.
Lapping the quad at 2:30 :golfclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online