• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Do any Mammoth/SoCal folks know about the Wailers Ski Club out of LA, particularly their trips to Mammoth this winter?

• Wailers bill themselves as a drinking club that skis, but I suspect they're really ok. I prefer self-drive trips, and have sought out the clubs that do that. Any of them will be open to helping connect you to other people for carpooling.
  • Huntington Beach Ski Club is very active.
  • Fountain Valley Ski Club* does a monthly mid-week trip (Sunday-Thursday), first one is in January. *my club
  • Grindelwald and Kronenstadt clubs are in Pasadena - not sure how they run trips though.
  • IIRC Tri-Valley was the ski club in the inland empire, but they disbanded. Several members joined Huntington Beach.
  • You could also check the Meetup groups that go to Mammoth.
  • Also check the Orange Council, like L.A. Council, they're in the Far West Ski Association. http://orangecouncil.org/

Last edited:

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
BOOKED! drivin up for sure Fri, Dec 7,, on-snow no later than 12:30 PM on Fri; thru Sun Dec 9.
May drive up on Thursday to get the full day Friday... depends on drive/weather and whether my companion (SC Hiker Bud) can take the time...
Don;t much like drivin at night in foul weather... but if weather is ok, 'Eddy\ie would go"...
Always start at The Mill, early AM for decent park spot...
Anyone else gonna be up, maybe set a meetup point/time to do a few turns together.
SOLID STOKE! :beercheer:

soulskier

Putting on skis
Skier
We recently opened a new nightclub in June Lake and all Pugskier's are cordially invited to visit.

We have lots of great events lined up for December. And it is currently dumping outside!

DEC_events_Ikon.jpg

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
We recently opened a new nightclub in June Lake and all Pugskier's are cordially invited to visit.

We have lots of great events lined up for December. And it is currently dumping outside!

DEC_events_Ikon.jpg

I used to do Tiger bar back in the day. I'll try & stop by your place next time up..

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm living vicariously right now @MountainMonster .... how's it going???? Any pictures?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I'm living vicariously right now @MountainMonster .... how's it going???? Any pictures?
Just the one above. Chr 2, 6am , 7°, and one of the clearest days I've seen here, the minarets were spectacular.
Tomorrow s/b killer with crowds gone.
I'll try to take some pix tomorrow.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Awesome day. Last night's wind cleaned up the variable up top, buffed & filled in.
Clouds & wind picking up now after 6hrs of bluebird .
Pix when I can.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
See this Instagram video by @bernierosow
Bernie Rosow IG post
nice line

Sponsor