• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
MM when you look at the bottom picture of climax filled in by OUR FRIEND THE WIND,( it kind of rhymes if you say it right , if anyone wants you can use OFTW from now on !! ) anyways I will often tell people it doesn’t REALLY matter what ski you use at Mammoth and that photo is proof !! Lovely just lovely!!

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Anyone up ?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Nice having the entire mountain open. Sunshine to start the day , hero snow everywhere . Low clouds in the afternoon , off to the trees on Lincoln , sun back out bout' noon, back to Dave's wind buff & DO chutes soft bumps.
Bluebird forecast for the next few days, why are you not here ?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Nice having the entire mountain open. Sunshine to start the day , hero snow everywhere . Low clouds in the afternoon , off to the trees on Lincoln , sun back out bout' noon, back to Dave's wind buff & DO chutes soft bumps.
Bluebird forecast for the next few days, why are you not here ?
Very poetic! But, I still can't go:(

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
Quik Update of weekend. really perfect weather with great conditions! Cold enough to keep from getting all stanky...
Friday was cloudless and cool, Sat & Sun had slight breezes, with SUnday having a light overcast - enough that I went to Yellow lens, but still very nice.
Delux conditions everywhere - Dave's awesome, under Heuvos, Upper Dry Creek had really smooth blown over a soft base. CLimax was cut up with some exposed Feldspar, but still very nice. Cornice... well you know that story... it hasn't changed... LOL Dropouts were great!, Wipeouts were Great! Even Scotty's was not overrun.
Monument had some great fill with Refills (like Dave's) most of the 3 days.
Backside/14 was... not my cuppa. Groomers had everyone blastin and off groomers was grabby snow (front side was way better). Saw 6 collisions on one run down, so I immediately jumped on chair and back to the front.
Never got to Lincoln or to Canyon side, but some comments from friends said they had absolute fresh, until the avalanche on upper 9 shut it down.
Chair 5 was nice, but top was moe betta. Chair 3, same story. Race side was fun/good when you wanted to go to main.
Super nice way to start the season...
I'm booked already to go 19th-21 and high-tail it before the wkend holiday crowd hits...
Lotta loose missiles being fired, so stay aware of 'in-coming' on the showboat groomers... surprised there weren't more serious injuries
otherwise
Stoke was high for everyone I rode up with. Buddy and I had really hard time getting to the car every afternoon after lifts closed... LOL!
Hopin for more snow before next Wed...

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
S/B fantastic wind buff today, a howling breeze last night.
Dave’s to start the day
C’ya there

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are a handful of Pugskiers skiing Mammoth on Thursday December 13th.

The Pugski2 Land Yacht will be heading to Mammoth in the AM with @Philpug @Andy Mink @Stephen @Tricia (AKA Me) and possibly @AKMINK

Who's in?

@4ster are you around?

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are a handful of Pugskiers skiing Mammoth on Thursday December 13th.

The Pugski2 Land Yacht will be heading to Mammoth in the AM with @Philpug @Andy Mink @Stephen @Tricia (AKA Me) and possibly @AKMINK

Who's in?

@4ster are you around?
Wish I could go. I will be skiing, but have to be at work in Davis at 7 a.m. on Friday morning, so probably not a good idea to go to Mammoth. Have fun!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Next question...
What skis to pack......
Thinking...thinking....:popcorn:

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I'll still be here tomorrow .......

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will taking it easy because my back is still pretty raw.

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!