• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey now! I didn't spill perfectly good whiskey. I spilled the water you gave me after the whiskey.
I gave you water? I think not.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
There are a handful of Pugskiers skiing Mammoth on Thursday December 13th.

The Pugski2 Land Yacht will be heading to Mammoth in the AM with @Philpug @Andy Mink @Stephen @Tricia (AKA Me) and possibly @AKMINK

Who's in?

@4ster are you around?

I thought I spotted the Pug-pack about 1:00 on Stump Alley,
I waited at the top of 2 for awhile, but never to be seen again.
Hope you guys had as much fun as I did...
c'ya next time...

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I thought I spotted the Pug-pack about 1:00 on Stump Alley,
I waited at the top of 2 for awhile, but never to be seen again.
Hope you guys had as much fun as I did...
c'ya next time...
I kept an eye out for you, but didn't seem to see you. If you saw us on Stump Alley around that time its possible we headed to the other lift (skiers right) after that.
We skied all over the mountain.
Sorry we missed you.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Here for the week, anyone else up ?

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
With the " breeze " in town this morning , it may be a tough day for the lifts to roll, fingers crosed.

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
623B9902-869B-4AB5-B126-237BCC35A7D2.png

moreoutdoorYuri

Getting on the lift
Skier
Central Coast, Ca. - Mammoth main squeeze! LOL!
just back from 4 days - Wed-Sat, great 4 days!
Wed - sunny, slightly warmer than expected, no wind, slight breeze in afternoon.
skiing was great, however I was suprised to see large areas of lower/no cover since my trip up 9 days previous.
Asked a few patrolers and they said the mtn had some serious wind events in prior days that stripped the areas which are often wind scoured.
Upper Mtn was still quite nice, although Climax over to lower Huevos had quite a bit more rock exposure, but still very skiable.
Thursday was cooler with light, high alttitude clouds. Snow stayed dryer - again, a nice day on most of the mtn.
Thursday night, a surprise snowfall (not predicted until Thurs. afternoon...) put down about 3 inches at main, 3-4 at McCoy and 4+ in areas where wind slowed and dropped a bit more cover (chair 5 Lincoln Mtn... but not so much in chair 9 area).
Friday - light snow continuing in morning with challenging visibility. Heavy cloud cover on upper mtn, for entire day, resulting in no upper lifts running.
BUT the open areas had great fresh snow and a lot of fun in the better covered tree areas.
Lincoln Mtn had some great suprises (with some caution for hidden stumps/rocks) Viva, viva ridge, select lines in sunshine glades.
Chair 5 area was real fun and improved greatly with the new cover.
Sat. - a mostly sunny and warm day with light upper clouds after noon. Upper mtn opened up.
Climax and especially Dave's were FAB! Even cornice seemed to hold up well under increased skier pressure. Dropouts and lower Wipeouts were great fun.
Chair 5 area remained great (with consideration for distinct or smaller places of rock were exposed.
Had great fun exploring for small stretches of fresh in the off-trail/woods (side of Rogers, lumber side of 5 and dry creek, viva ridge, etc...)
In all, a great 4 days,
Looking forward to getting back up again after the blackout dates.
took no pics, see mammoth snowman for pics...

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
@Philpug you coming up to Mammo this week ?
Chr2...first chair....

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Randy just came by and said expected
-20 wind chill

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Was he dressed like the Michelin Man?