• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
From Mammoth...

We’ll Get This Party Started Soon

Our incredible snowmaking team has been doing everything in its power to get the 18/19 season started, but warm temperatures this week slowed our progress. We are delaying Thursday’s Opening Day (Nov 8) until we’re confident we have enough snow to get open and stay open. The crew is taking advantage of every single opportunity to make snow. Colder temps are in the forecast – we’ll open as soon as possible.

We will continue to evaluate day by day. Stay tuned for updates and more information on MammothMountain.com and Facebook.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:(

Well, here's hoping they open by Sat + Sun!

Last edited:
TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 10.57.38 AM.png
mammothmountain
*OPENING DAY UPDATE* Much colder temperatures in the last 24 hours have allowed our snowmaking team to increase snow production on Broadway. The forecast is calling for sustained cold temps into Friday and we will start spinning Broadway Express [Chair 1] at 8:30a on Saturday 11.10 with access to Broadway. We’re itching to strap in and take some turns with all of you – join us for the kickoff to the 18/19 season.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone else up?

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Well, only two days into the season and my DD already got clobbered by a snowboarder. :nono: Ski patrol was called, report filed, thankfully no injuries as far as we can tell.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Sorry to hear your daughter got run into and glad she is OK. And while it was the snowboarder's fault, I'm not sure it's worth the risk of having children on WRODs as I told @murphysf when he asked (in early Oct in Tahoe thread) how Boreal will be next weekend.

I'd quote my post, but I'm writing this from my phone at our oceanview campsite at New Brighton State Beach.

Got home and found I can still edit so besides correcting a typo, I'll include the following from my post: WRODs with a lot of snowboarders. Not sure that you would want to expose 6 and 8 year-olds to that

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Waxed up the 15 -year-old first day of the season skis last night.
89968946-E67D-4307-90B2-0726B2EC04FD.jpeg

Early drive down to Planet Inyo
48940A10-5A50-47D4-A99D-582B446C28CE.jpeg

First turns were had
E0DFBF0F-E77D-4DA2-816F-9F58CD4613A2.jpeg

Sounds like they will have a few more runs open in the next few days
2224BDB6-9408-4D63-9806-424D07F16D11.jpeg

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
My 21 year old novice, timid novice, went this morning and last night I HAMMERED her about the WROD, so much that she ended up not skiing, which I was actually glad.She ended up just watching the boyfriend who I of course ENCOURAGED to board and stay out till closing.
On another note just bring your ID and they will take your picture and hand you your Ikon pass.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Sorry to hear your daughter got run into and glad she is OK. And while it was the snowboarder's fault, I'm not sure it's worth the risk of having children on WRODs as I told @murphysf when he asked (in early Oct in Tahoe thread) how Boreal will be next weekend.

I'd quote my post, but I'm writing this from my phone at our oceanview campsite at New Brighton State Beach.

Got home and found I can still edit so besides correcting a typo, I'll include the following from my post: WRODs with a lot of snowboarders. Not sure that you would want to expose 6 and 8 year-olds to that
LOL.... I showed my kids the mountain cam of Boreal the other day and my 6 year old said " They all have snowboards", he said that's why they call it Boardeal!! I'm still committed to going up this weekend, heading up Saturday late morning and have Sunday - Tuesday noonish available to ski and then need to get back for Thanksgiving.

Boreal just announced today that they are open through Thursday and then will announce their weekend schedule. Not sure if this is good or bad. If they decide not to be open I will have to head from Rose (am staying in Truckee).

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I, for one, will really like them. I dunno, the Chair 23 ride never used to bother me, but for the last 2-3 years it has really given me the Willies.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Footrest l luv but the bar does nothing for me but get my head whacked ;) .

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January