• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Walked on snow Tuesday morning. Scooped some up into my hand and placed it into my water bottle. Snow that fell last winter up on the north facing east ridge of Mount Conness at above 10k feet. Boot skied too so I've beat the rest of you already.

And yeah was rather frosty all about the turf outside my tent at sunrise when I got the hot chocolate water heating up so yeah the seasons be a changing.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If I finally get my skis sharpened — ahem, the last time was December 2015 :duck:— it’ll be a cold, snowy season, right?

Yes... do it! Burn skis, perform rituals, throw virgins into volcanoes --- whatever it takes!

Spnole

Getting on the lift
Skier
You people are killing me with your season changes... it's still in the 90's here daily in Sunny Florida....We are winding down hotter season and venturing into still pretty hot season ...... Dreaming of my trip to Tahoe in early March... T-minus 5.25 months and counting....

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It's still warm here too. I mean the numbers on the temp gage are coming down but the humidity is still high......................... 75 on the way to work this am and HUMID. Almost put the a/c on last night, couldn't sleep.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If anyone else wants to be there for Presidents Day week (lots of kids are out for spring break that week) my unit in South Lake Tahoe is right beside Heavenly (Stage Coach lift) and is a great place to stay for up to 6 people at a smokin price. https://www.redweek.com/posting/R767921
Just want to say thats an awesome deal for someone in the market with a large group.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm afraid I may have jinxed the Sierra snowpack. Whilst cleaning out the garage the other day I fired up the snow blower. It started right up. Sorry. Now I'll have to wash my truck a lot to apologize to Ullr.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Hey..we hit double digits from time to time.
Reno may not get the humidity, but you have been getting record heat the last couple of years. Snowbrains, whose accuracy I've questioned a few times, recently posted the following (with their bold and my italics):

"For the second summer in a row, the mercury reached record average temperatures in Reno, NV. The National Weather Service says the average daytime high for June, July, and August was 93.6 degrees, one-third of a degree hotter than the previous record set in 2017.

Temperatures reached 90 degrees on a record 56 consecutive days ending August 25 and topped the century mark a record 20 times."

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Reno may not get the humidity, but you have been getting record heat the last couple of years. Snowbrains, whose accuracy I've questioned a few times, recently posted the following (with their bold and my italics):

"For the second summer in a row, the mercury reached record average temperatures in Reno, NV. The National Weather Service says the average daytime high for June, July, and August was 93.6 degrees, one-third of a degree hotter than the previous record set in 2017.

Temperatures reached 90 degrees on a record 56 consecutive days ending August 25 and topped the century mark a record 20 times."
Dude, you're harshing my mellow. :(

Sponsor

Staff online