• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I know MM has the better chance of snow at Christmas, but Tahoe has the better rental prices.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I know MM has the better chance of snow at Christmas, but Tahoe has the better rental prices.
Do you mean rental prices for lodging? I'll need to find out about Mammoth lodging. I have the Ikon pass and I've been wanting to ski Mammoth.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Do you mean rental prices for lodging? I'll need to find out about Mammoth lodging. I have the Ikon pass and I've been wanting to ski Mammoth.
For lodging via the vrbo/airbnb/property management company route. Everyone price gouges during the holidays but at least there are more available properties which help to keep the price in check.

We go up to Mammoth alot and there are some good deals to be had- just not Christmas week.
Are you flying?
Driving. There will be 5 of us.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was wondering when this thread was gonna happen. I should probably buy some ski stuff at some point.

I think maybe galaxy will be replaced and running this winter as they have been working over there. It does help spread people out a bit.

natrat

Booting up
Skier
I think maybe galaxy will be replaced and running this winter as they have been working over there. It does help spread people out a bit.

i was looking at the heavenly trail map and it says galaxy closed this season, of course it could mean last season if it was closed then

natrat

Booting up
Skier
A fixed grip triple is suppose to replace the double and is expected to up and running for the 2018 season. Listed on LiftBlog.

nice, next they should update north bowl chair as there is actually good pitch there that could be useful on storm days rather than on hold

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you go to the Mt Rose website at http://skirose.com/event/opening-day/ note that they are scheduled to open Friday 10/26 although it will only be a beginner WROD like last year unless there is a lot of very early snow.
Thats what it was last year. We did a lot of laps on Wizard in October.

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Today was windy, cloudy and chilly. It reminded me of the weather when I used to live here seasonally and that was usually later in October. I don't think it made much past 55 today at Kirkwood. It feels like things are changing! Time to start shopping for some front side carvers as a sacrifice.

Sponsor

Staff online