• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Boreal Strategy?

Hi – If the conditions and snow making allow I am thinking of taking my two kids (ages 6 & 8) to Boreal Friday November 16 to Tuesday November 20, (just before Thanksgiving).

I am trying to figure out the best strategy for lift tickets.

We already have season passes for Diamond Peak however they won’t be open. I have a $78 credit at Boreal.

We will most likely ski 3 of the 4 days and think it would be fun to go back to Boreal in the evening once or twice and take a few runs as Boreal has night skiing.

I am not too familiar with the Boreal lift ticket structure but looked around their web page today. As the season is out a bit some of the prices are not listed.

I did notice that it seems that the day lift tickets do not include the night skiing. So that would be an extra cost.

I see that for kids a two day pass is $88 but its only good for 10am – 6pm, the single day tickets prices are not posted yet and seem to be good from 9am – 9pm. They do have child season passes that are good from 9am – 9pm for $149. This may make sense for my kids.

Will liftopia or others have options that may be beneficial for my situation.

Ideas or suggestions?

Then I have to figure out a plan for my lift tickets.

I was also thinking of going to Homewood or Soda Springs but I don’t think they will be open this early?

Open to other ideas, I don't have to go to Boreal but was leaning towards them as they will be open and I have a $78 credit to use up.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
@murphysf While we could have an unusually good start to season, more likely Boreal will be at best a couple WRODs with a lot of snowboarders. Not sure that you would want to expose 6 and 8 year-olds to that or go there yourself very many days if you don't have a season pass. Night skiing at Boreal and any skiing at Homewood and Soda Springs are also unlikely so early. Ski in April, not November or early December.

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Boreal Strategy?

Hi – If the conditions and snow making allow I am thinking of taking my two kids (ages 6 & 8) to Boreal Friday November 16 to Tuesday November 20, (just before Thanksgiving).

I am trying to figure out the best strategy for lift tickets.

We already have season passes for Diamond Peak however they won’t be open. I have a $78 credit at Boreal.

We will most likely ski 3 of the 4 days and think it would be fun to go back to Boreal in the evening once or twice and take a few runs as Boreal has night skiing.

I am not too familiar with the Boreal lift ticket structure but looked around their web page today. As the season is out a bit some of the prices are not listed.

I did notice that it seems that the day lift tickets do not include the night skiing. So that would be an extra cost.

I see that for kids a two day pass is $88 but its only good for 10am – 6pm, the single day tickets prices are not posted yet and seem to be good from 9am – 9pm. They do have child season passes that are good from 9am – 9pm for $149. This may make sense for my kids.

Will liftopia or others have options that may be beneficial for my situation.

Ideas or suggestions?

Then I have to figure out a plan for my lift tickets.

I was also thinking of going to Homewood or Soda Springs but I don’t think they will be open this early?

Open to other ideas, I don't have to go to Boreal but was leaning towards them as they will be open and I have a $78 credit to use up.
In the past they have had a "take 3 and free" offer. Its been $299 in the past. We direct newbies there all the time. I doubt you are a noob, and you do have to show up for the lessons I believe to get the pass fully endorsed. And I think their ski school only goes up to level six. But people have reported essentially a private lesson at that level because there are rarely others. And then of course the instructor would tailor to what you need. Its only pennies more than 3 single day passes, so, FWIW.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
In the past they have had a "take 3 and free" offer. Its been $299 in the past. We direct newbies there all the time. I doubt you are a noob, and you do have to show up for the lessons I believe to get the pass fully endorsed. And I think their ski school only goes up to level six. But people have reported essentially a private lesson at that level because there are rarely others. And then of course the instructor would tailor to what you need. Its only pennies more than 3 single day passes, so, FWIW.

They teach up to PSIA L6 bigger issue is if they have instructors on staff, and your day ticket will include night skiing.

You can take 3 L6 lessons and free ski with the instructors essentially

The weekend before thanksgiving is usually not busy but don’t expect much more than 2 lifts in operation unless we get a large early storm. They will open up lifts if there is enough snow

Shimost Angler

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Still debating between Ikon pass or ...... something else this year.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor

Pretty accurate.
Broadway & Broadway Express were originally Little Chipmunk (a fixed grip double) & Blue Jay (1st a Poma platter lift, then a double) next to it. After that the 2 doubles were replaced with the XTC Quad, a Yan lift which was replaced with a Doppelmeyer when it became Broadway.
West Bowl Express was originally called Cougar & then Sensation. Grandview Express was originally Queen chair.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
This is what I like to see!
View attachment 55074
I prefer this:
1_483056.jpg

But on October 7, I'll take it!

Sponsor