• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. Most places I ski don’t have a footrest, but I was in CO three times this winter. I am short enough that only the ball of my foot touches the footrest. I experience no problem while flexed and skiing, unless I tighten the ankle buckle.

To be honest, this is a lifelong problem generally accompanied by a lot of heel movement. Boot doc liners stopped the heel movement. This is the first time ever where I can link more than 4 turns in bumps without stopping to readjust my foot in the boot or slamming my shin into the front of the boot. I just added hotronics so I don’t need to worry about frostbite. I can judge by the right foot where I’m at.

Sounds like the weight of the boots plus skis weighting down on the top of your feet is causing the loss of circulation. Mamie has similar issues with the weight of the boots & skis. It affects her knees instead. She carries a portable foot rest to mitigate the issue. It works well.

If we get to ski together in Mammoth, you can try it.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Looks like we've got some freeze thaw cycle the next few days. Enough sun for corn? Or just boilerplate softening up gradually?
Today was no sun & cooler at Squaw so it was more the softening up gradually case.
By end of day most all was softer but quit about 3 as weather became foggy and spitting occasional wet snow.
Friday/Sat could be good spring as sun is predicted,

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Today was no sun & cooler at Squaw so it was more the softening up gradually case.
By end of day most all was softer but quit about 3 as weather became foggy and spitting occasional wet snow.
Friday/Sat could be good spring as sun is predicted,
I am going to take my time getting there today as it got pretty cold overnight. But once things soften, I am hoping today will be good for ripping groomers w/ my 9 yr old who's school has a teacher training day today.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Northstar was great today, even my last run (before Home Run that got me about a 1/2 mile from my car) in trees next to Dropoff then cutting across to the steep pitch on Surprise at almost 3. We even had an early PM corn run on White Rabbit. We didn’t want to leave Lookout, but it was my first time out that gate in years and first time ever that it was not a powder run. 1367B7D2-33FA-4838-8C6D-30596BCFBFF2.jpeg

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
^^^
Sweet! I had a feeling WR or sawtooth would open today. Was at N* yesterday and it was a super firm groomers only kind of day. Luckily had a feeling everything was going to be bulletproof so my frontside ski snuck out of the locker for its 3rd appearance this season. That alone was interesting enough to make it kinda fun.

Alpine was pretty good today. About 1" of fresh
out on the ridges.Snuck in a few high-T laps then a couple off Scott right as it was gettin prime time.

Definately feeling like spring out there today. Guess we will see if the Monday storm can hold the track it's on now. 5-8" of refresh would be a pretty nice spring surprise. Hard to say this time of year especially since the last few little storms have underdelivered.

Ward peak/south face from SW creek
image.jpeg
High-T
image.jpeg

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
At Alpine today. Met up with @oldfashoned and @Mendieta

Skied from 9:15am to 2:15pm. Snow held up very well. Wasn't yet sticky when we stopped. Wolverine and Beaver bowls were best area of the day- from noon till 2. The 3rd chute (looker's right) on Three Sisters was the best one of the day for us. Lapped it three times :roflmao:

IMG_20190413_120219.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190413141055165_COVER.jpg

IMG_20190413_135002.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190413120712236_COVER.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190413113449066_COVER.jpg

Last edited:

Eric267

Gettin after it
Skier
3 of the last 4 days bluebird ot at Alpine. I could get used to this spring thing..

Didn't freeze quite as hard as Thursday night but still some good corn harvesting. A little thick but not at all grabby when I left at 12:30.

View of Kitchen wall/ Sun bowl(groomed?) from outer Beaver
image.jpeg

Smooth corn in Bernie's image.jpeg

Still on track
image.jpeg

Sponsor