• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Turner Mt. folks are sure welcome here. Never skied there but............
Welcome to Spokane, all the 5 local resorts put their season passes on sale in late March or April and I know Lookout and Silver include ... the rest of the yr...in their sales.

Not every day is a powder day and there are days when the frozen death coral off piste sucks. So let me know and be glad to show you around Lookout and Silver. Now let it snow.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49 had their spring season on the next years pass a couple of years ago. Don't know about this year.

What part of Spokalou did you move into? My place is Northwest part of town. I'm not there right now but that's where my place is.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Given that Turner Mountain is pretty much right between Schweitzer and Whitefish, maybe you should let all their skiers post here too. And maybe Blacktail.

I'm sure the list wasn't all inclusive. But I've never seen anyone, either on here or on Epic, post about Blacktail or Turner. I look forward to the day. There's also Snowbowl, Discovery, Lost Trail, etc., etc. Those I've seen posts about.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I still want to go ski Loup Loup this winter if I can get the chance.

With a name like Loup Loup it's got to be good.

Kent

Getting on the lift
Skier
Do any of the resorts in the area normally put passes on sale in the spring, with free skiing the rest of the season? That might help sway me!
@New2 Yes, I got started skiing at both 49° North and Lookout because of their spring pass sales which include the remainder of the current season. I skied Lookout for three seasons. They usually get the most snow. A few years ago there was a period of time when the ski teams from the other area mountains had to train at Lookout because Lookout had sufficient snow and the other areas didn't. They also have good intermediate skiing both groomed and ungroomed. However, I do not like the drive to Lookout. I don't like the distance - 90 miles from my place - nor the traveling conditions on I90 - aggressive drivers, snow/ice through the passes, potholes. Nevertheless, there are those -parents with children who get car sick on winding roads - who prefer the drive to Lookout over the winding road up Mount Spokane. Lookout's free ski school for children attracts parents with kids.

I don't know for sure about the other areas but I would think that they too offer spring pass sales which include the remainder of the current season.

The new runs at Mount Spokane look promising and it is by far the closest ski area to Spokane - less than 30 miles from my home. Mount Spokane can have thick fog on the front side. If that happens when you are there, go to the chair 4 side.

49° North is now my home mountain. I find the drive there much less stressful than going to any of the other areas except, perhaps, Mount Spokane. I'd be happy to show you the best groomers. Every spring during the last week of operations 49° North has ski free days sponsored, I think, by Toyota. No, even though the last week of operations corresponds with the local schools' spring break and the skiing is free, it doesn't get too crowded.

I've only skied Schweitzer and Silver a couple of times each. So I am not a good source for information about them.

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cool, thanks for the welcomes, pointers, and tour offers! And my screenname's fixed now... wherever I go, whatever I do, I'll always be new to something, right? I'm in northside Spokane, but pretty close in near the arena. And given that I've endured driving San Diego to Mountain High and the 1.5- to 3-hour trips between Portland and Mt. Hood, I think I might be ok with the various drives to the local 5 resorts. But gotta try them out and see :ogcool:

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Bad Bob and Kent never skied Loup Loup either, how about Bluewood have you been there.

Silver has April sale too on season passes.

Something I would like to see here is some snow reports when we get operating. I usually ski Lookout early as they usually have best snow and the best run prep., Silver later as it takes more snow there to cover a lot of rocks.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Bad Bob and Kent never skied Loup Loup either, how about Bluewood have you been there.

Something I would like to see here is some snow reports when we get operating. I usually ski Lookout early as they usually have best snow and the best run prep., Silver later as it takes more snow there to cover a lot of rocks.

That would be great! Pics are always nice too.

Pete, you probably already follow this or one like it but this short and sweet. Would be great to Schweitzer added to this for the NE WA/ N ID neighborhood. Sib, not forgetting you but this just doesn't range as far as Calispel there should be one that does though.

https://www.skinwrockies.com/conditions-report

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool, thanks for the welcomes, pointers, and tour offers! And my screenname's fixed now... wherever I go, whatever I do, I'll always be new to something, right? I'm in northside Spokane, but pretty close in near the arena. And given that I've endured driving San Diego to Mountain High and the 1.5- to 3-hour trips between Portland and Mt. Hood, I think I might be ok with the various drives to the local 5 resorts. But gotta try them out and see :ogcool:

And of course, you’re only 2 1/2 hours from Red Mt and 3 hours from Whitewater. I see some weekends in BC in your future.

I might be heading to Schweitzer for the weekend between Xmas and New Years, maybe a day at Silver. I haven’t been to Silver yet, but Schweitzer is one of the least crowded resorts I’ve been to in the holiday season, and there are 2900 acres, all lift-served.

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Good site BB, thanks. Dave if you come to Silver let me know, there are places to ski that not hidden but you would have to ski for maybe years before you would find on your own.

Thinking of Red and Whitewater this year as I get a free pass, ditto Whitefish. Been to all before but never with a free lift ticket.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
As I mentioned in the thread I started earlier, I'm planning on skiing 49, Silver, Lookout, Schweitzer, Whitefish, Discovery, Snowbowl, and Bridger in January. The itinerary may be adjusted a bit due to conditions, but I hope I can call on the locals to inform us of the best stuff when we're there. Great thread!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Folks, I gave this thread a Prefix of Pacific NW, AB AK.
If you think it should be something different, please let us know and we can change it.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Here I thought you were giving us a miss.
I was at first since we had already been there, but I started to look at logistics and going south to Big Sky, Jackson, and Sun Valley would require so much driving time that we would have to give up ski days. That would be bad form, so I'm thinking of a different route.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Public confession. I'm not ready for the public until at least the third week of January (and based on last year, that'll be pushing it). Come earlier, I'll refer you to @Fuller.
Right now it looks like 1/17 is the date we'll be showing up there. This is very much open to change, however.

Sponsor

Staff online