• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
I know it is only Sept. BUT does anyone have any information on Lookouts expansion, anything new at Silver (head they've done some Glade work) anyone know where on the Mt. Anything new at Schweitzer ? Anyone going to Gathering at Big Sky?

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
@pete. If flying into Spokane which is the best close-by ski hill when heading north? 49 Degrees North?

Dave H.

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I am not Pete, but how far north? 49 Degrees North is a fun place. I have had a season pass there for the last few years, but I have also had passes at Mt. Spokane and Silver Mountain, as well.

Going straight north, 49 is the only ski hill until you reach Red Mountain.

PS: Hi Pete. I have not seen you in quite a while!

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
^^^^
Just musing about a trip flying into Spokane to ski the interior BC hills. I thought a day burning off jet lag at one of the hills close to Spokane would be a good start.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@pete. If flying into Spokane which is the best close-by ski hill when heading north? 49 Degrees North?

Sorry @sbooker but you may of intended to ping pete in idaho?

I'm in iowa and the skiing here is likely not what you're seekingogsmile

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
^^^^
Just musing about a trip flying into Spokane to ski the interior BC hills. I thought a day burning off jet lag at one of the hills close to Spokane would be a good start.

Hit Schweitzer on the way up to Fernie, Kicking Horse or Panorama... otherwise 49 is the only hill on the way to Red. I wouldn't recommend a stop there personally, but it's a decent smaller area. Might be worth checking out the new lift on Mt Spokane: the runs are very nicely cut, long and fall line.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
We're heading east this January for a few days in Yellowstone at Old Faithful and will be skiing our way there and back. I'm looking forward to some inland PNW sliding. Right now I'm thinking 49, Silver, and maybe Schweitzer but the exact dates will depend on the snow year. I'll keep an eye here as the time draws near...

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
I know it is only Sept. BUT does anyone have any information on Lookouts expansion, anything new at Silver (head they've done some Glade work) anyone know where on the Mt.

Looks like they've gladed another entrance to NF glades from KP.. and maybe started to glade Chair 2 bowl looker left? I can't place the 2nd photo anywhere else, can you?

Other than the glading, no new runs confirmed yet for this winter (but earlier this year I'd heard 2 new runs)

glading1.jpg glading2.jpg

snowghost

spknmike
Skier
New Mt Spokane chair trail map:
Mt_Spokane_map_new-trails-mockup_blankmtn-CroppedChair6-1280x919.jpg

TS
Pete in Idaho

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wanted to start a feature for us that live and ski/ride in the Inland area of the PNW. Schweitzer, 49 Degrees North, Mt. Spokane, Silver Mt. , Lookout Pass and Whitefish.

As of Nov. 15th no one is open and it looks like the El Nino is already here.
Watching the weather on my Powder sites it looks like the snow storms are going over/bye us to the North. Revelstoke got 4 feet yesterday and theGat storms are passing us by to the North and then dropping down into Colo. etc.

Anyway no good news yet but thought I would get this started.

Anyone going to Gathering at Big Sky, need some lodging.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I've got snow on my lawn. And my driveway is thoroughly covered and slick. But the mountain has only about four inches in the forecast. They have started making it, but that will only be in high traffic areas. The snotel at the summit is showing a fifteen inch depth. We were always scheduled to open Dec. 6, so there's time. But it may only be the upper lifts, which is common.

My daughter climbed at Lost Trail last weekend and skied down twice, but they were hitting rocks.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
For those into the park, which is not me, 49* North has this happening on the 24th. Say they have or are making enough snow to pull it off.
46413129_2130172827002711_6540880169811312640_n.jpg

New2

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi, all! I'm looking into either getting my screenname changed or just starting a new account, but I've left Portland and have managed to get at least partway unpacked in Spokane. Gonna be exploring around this season... hoping to settle on home mountain for next year. Do any of the resorts in the area normally put passes on sale in the spring, with free skiing the rest of the season? That might help sway me!

I won't ask for tours, since "show me all the best groomers" isn't most of your idea of a good time. But if you see a tall fat guy with a bright blue helmet out on your mountain, say hi!

Wanted to start a feature for us that live and ski/ride in the Inland area of the PNW. Schweitzer, 49 Degrees North, Mt. Spokane, Silver Mt. , Lookout Pass and Whitefish.

Given that Turner Mountain is pretty much right between Schweitzer and Whitefish, maybe you should let all their skiers post here too. And maybe Blacktail.

Sponsor

Staff online