• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
BMX105's this past June. Ikon Base Pass. Western trip will be 3 days at Jackson Hole and then driving up to Big Sky for the first 3 days of the Gathering.

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Latest is what I call the green machine :) Womens Voile Superchargers + G3 Zed bindings. Lots of motivation to do more touring this season.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Latest is what I call the green machine :) Womens Voile Superchargers + G3 Zed bindings. Lots of motivation to do more touring this season.

That sounds like a sweeet setup. Really interested to see those Zeds in action. Got a lot going for them.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just bought a pair of obermeyer purple flowery ski pants. Probably will buy a new helmet soon. I've a couple pairs of skis arriving in the next month or so. I don't need any clothing, layers, socks, stuff like that. Getting snow tires for my cross trek around the middle of December. Stopping by strattons tent sale tomorrow, although i probably shouldn't lol.

VickieH

Contrarian
Skier
Just bought a pair of obermeyer purple flowery ski pants. Probably will buy a new helmet soon. I've a couple pairs of skis arriving in the next month or so. I don't need any clothing, layers, socks, stuff like that. Getting snow tires for my cross trek around the middle of December. Stopping by strattons tent sale tomorrow, although i probably shouldn't lol.
Aren't you forgetting one tiny purchase? I'm pretty sure you can win this thread.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Stopping by strattons tent sale tomorrow,

Tent sales and finds around Stratton.
Equipe Sport in Rawsonville has nice Swany gloves @ 50% off. Nice buys.
Startingate in Bondville has lots of really high end stuff going for cheap and also tons of stuff at 50% off.
The Bogner shop in the Stratton village still has lots of stuff on 50% sale. Besides Bogner, they carry quite a few other labels.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Bought a pair of test/demo Renoun Z90s from the Pug stash. Very excited to get them on the snow!

And then I have some trips:
My husband, Ted and I are headed to Japan over Xmas, and we will spend 6 days in Niseko from 12/25-12/31. We fly back to SF on 12/31 and then on 1/2, I fly up to Calgary for my bucket list heli-ski trip with CMH, skiing Bugaboos in B.C. @Pequenita will be on the heli trip as well!

Ted will also be getting new boots - we'll be going to see the Pugs for those up in Tahoe. He also wants some Stockli Laser AX 175s, but can't seem to find any of last year's inventory.

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Reading through everyone's Christmas lists, I'm flattered to learn I've clearly set a trend when I bought a pair of SR88s at the tail end of last season (;) ). They were great up on Sunshine last April.

Unfortunately, my 13 yo needs a new pair of skis after a sweet pair of lime-green (you could see them from space) Line twin-tips were stolen at Camelback last season. Probably do something similar (cool set of twin-tips) -- Santa will have to discreetly measure his height come December.

I would love a new ski jacket. But, I wrestle with function over form these last couple years in the ski shops. I bought a (then) expensive Tommy Moe-design Spyder jacket way back in 1997. I've only ever worn it skiing so it's in great shape, but the style is so... 1997. But it is one purpose-built ski jacket -- great pockets layout, just a lot of great functional everything. A few years ago I grabbed a Marmot jacket -- I find it sits more than I wear it -- it's just not as good. LOL. But I don't have an emotional loyalty to my Tommy Moe Spyder ski jacket I bought in Breckenridge in 1997, but I just can't find a better this-century jacket (so far).

Last edited:

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
But I don't have an emotional loyalty to my Tommy Moe Spyder ski jacket I bought in Breckenridge in 1997, but I just can't find a better this-century jacket (so far).

I was a Spyder fan too back then; Descente and Strafe snapped me out of it. The Descente was far more freezing rain resistant (both in the Mid-Atlantic and in QC) and better at windblocking (Breck); the Strafe is also very anti-rain, about the same at wind, but oh sweet pleasure, it moves over layers so much better than the old Spyders.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
His and hers. Bring on the cold!
20181009_181140.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
ultra-frameset-black-blue-side.jpg

And it's a tossup between norther Idaho/Montana vs. southern Colorado/New Mexico road trip, snow dependent with the Nino.

Sponsor

Staff online