• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Over the summer, I got a new Smith Quantum MIPS helmet and Fischer Ranger 115 XTi skis for the quiver. Season pass at Killington and planning for 4 ski weeks. Still like to get an extra set of IOX Google's with complimentary lenses.
IMG_20180727_221001802.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
I just bought a new Giro Union MIPS helmet today(I couldn't pass it up for $70). The Lange RS120 boots that I bought at the end of lat season will need custom footbeds. I need to demo skis and get a new pair. I plan on at least one western trip this season to Squaw, Mammoth and/or Utah. I need to buy new tires for my truck that will make it through anything I may encounter in NE this winter.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
How about a neo-retro setup, like onto a pair of R:EX es?

PROs:
With the fiberglass cap, the R:EX was way light for how burly it was; it's a Daron Rahlves allusion coming and going, and with a fabricated cap plate hosting inserts you can make the SHIFT demountable for other skis.

CONs:
You'll lose the glowthrough "This way to corn!" sun tips when you put skin attachment on.

Toured on the 10ex alot. Never lost the tip. The skis though lost their mojo after about 40 days.... here's an oldie for fun. About 2002-3'ish, Tateyama, Japan:

bankin_korn copy.jpg

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
1089CFFB-C481-4517-966C-47BF3B98D498.jpeg

First World Problems Purchases: the shop the sponsors, tossed me this jacket, which lead to the need to buy new Spyder Coach’s bib to coordinate. Coach’s bibs are the best.

Kids feet grew: new kids boots

Have a couple new boards to test & join the quiver: Salomon Wardens x2,3? That awesome STH2 feel for GripWalk!!

New poles for wife: She’s racing Masters FIS this year & heads to France in a few weeks.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Hmm, don't need a lot this season.

• Another lens for my goggles
  • Helly Hanson pants - since i received a $50 gift card for HH and ripped mine at end of last season.
  • Snow tires
Boring list

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Most of my ski season purchases are done by now. This year was pretty heavy on re-doing the quiver of skis since I added a touring oriented set up and added more skis to the quiver.

For myself: Fisher Ranger 102 FR, Icelantic Pioneer 109, Salomon Shift bindings, Black Diamond skins, Black diamond boundary probe poles, Smith Quantum Helmet, Chips-2 helmet audio,Smith I/O Mag goggles, two new custom foot beds and a cooked boot.

For the Wife: Icelantic Maiden 111, Tyrolia Attack2 13, Smith Quantum Helmet (she tried mine on and didn't give it back, I had to rebuy my own helmet), another pair of Smith Squad XL goggles, Chips-2 helmet audio. She's getting new poles too but she doesn't know that yet.

Not much left to get except for that pair of poles for my wife and possibly a new ski jacket for her if she can find one she likes.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I would like to get another more stylish jacket, but XLT are not easy to find in colors beyond red blue and black, mountain ops colors...

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Atomic Shift bindings. Don't know what they are going on...

Trying my damnedest to get on a trip. Somewhere.

I'd like to make it to MT

I would like to have seen Montana.

It's been my experience people with Z-s in their name can be a little different. In a good way of course.

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
Definitely:
4 snow tires + rims
12/3 - Give notice
12/14 - 12/18 Jay Peak, Ski Klub International
1/10 - 1/18 Wilderness First Responder, SUNY Courtland
2/1 - 2/3, AIARE I, Mt Washington, NH
2/18 - Depart Boston for Bozeman
May? - Return to Boston

Maybe:
Better fitting alpine boots. I went from a 26.5 to a 27.5 in the old neon green Lange RX130 and could use a better fit.
Always refreshing the quiver. Replace all-mountain chargers Rossi Experience 102. (those stolkli SR 95s @Ron is offer are tempting)
New 3L Shell
Get a new job

Jealous of:
@jmeb and his Haute Route trip. That looks amazing. Will look forward to following it.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Most of my buying was last year... so this year, I've got a new pair of gloves (FTP, on clearance), and some new wool socks and base layers... kind of boring this year.

I do wonder if I'll like the new gloves - they have removable liners which I'm not generally a fan of. And I LOVE my older FTP gloves... but lost a pair last season.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Buying is a loose term. :)

Kore 105
4Frnt 99

@PisteOff We might need to do a meet up in Upper Midwest and do a demo day on Renouns. :)

No problem! I’ve got attack demos on the 90’s. The 98’s are fixed. My BSL is 316 so anything close to that and you’re good! I have a set of attack demos for the 98’s I’ve just not made the swap yet.

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I do wonder if I'll like the new gloves - they have removable liners which I'm not generally a fan of. And I LOVE my older FTP gloves... but lost a pair last season.

I generally feel ya on the removeable lines. But the ones on FTP just work. I've got non-removable mitts, and removable liner gloves from them. It's awesome how much faster the removable gloves can dry out.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I am buying a 5 pack of one day backcountry tours with Paragon Guides in Vail. I want to expand my backcountry skills and like the idea of guided tours.

Came across them last year. Very interested in trying to get out with them for a day. Great price for group tours. $500 for 6 days of guided touring is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I am buying a 5 pack of one day backcountry tours with Paragon Guides in Vail. I want to expand my backcountry skills and like the idea of guided tours.

Do they do all ski tour or is the a cat involved at some stage of the tour?

Sponsor

Staff online