• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
As George Zimmer would say, "You are gonna have a good time, I guarantee it." :thumb: :thumb:

Brock Tice

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm gonna see how much I can clear my calendar for the 3rd to the 10th and head up there to ski with y'all. I got a lot better last season and I've been cycling hard all summer. Hopefully I can keep up better with @KingGrump et al this year.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds good. Will see you on the hill.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I'm gonna see how much I can clear my calendar for the 3rd to the 10th and head up there to ski with y'all. I got a lot better last season and I've been cycling hard all summer. Hopefully I can keep up better with @KingGrump et al this year.
Good luck with keeping up with @KingGrump!

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Of course it counts. You are buying, right?

Itinerant skier

Out on the slopes
Skier

If you have an overflow crowd and need rooms ... I hesitate because it's not the cleanest place in town ... no hot tubbies ... but consider the Abominable Snowmansion ... especially if there are hippies in the crowd. Good for kids as well. Fairly cheap to stay.

Haven't been back to Taos for a couple of years. I love this place.

The Snowmansion!! I'm amazed that place still exists. I stayed there my first two trips to Taos back in the 1990's. IIRC it was like $20 a night for a dorm bed. If those walls (or the nearby hot springs) could talk...

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Yeah hopefully I won't have to slide down anything on my butt this time to survive. :D
Don't knock it!
Glissade is an alpine art form.
It's the most fun you can have on your ass on a glacier!
Just remember to bring your ice axe ;)

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
If anyone wants to ride with me down from Denver, let me know.
I plan on leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday, but I could be flexible.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Yay! I will be booking airfare for the same dates soon. Where are you staying and when do you arrive? Maybe we can coordinate a carpool up to Taos. Sandy will also be out there for the same week!

k

I'm staying at the Powderhorn Suites... it's in the base area, a bit of a walk to the lifts, but looks like a pretty good spot. It seems to be one of the more affordable base options, though not as cheap as staying down the road a ways.

I plan to have a car and would be happy to car pool if flights are in sync - I'll PM you my flight details.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Gathering is only two weeks after the first day I'm cleared to ski on my repaired knee.
Accordingly I told my wife that I would take it easy and ski with you guys, @dbostedo and @Pumba.

So I'm counting on you to take advantage of Taos to step up your game. Don't let me down!

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The Gathering is only two weeks after the first day I'm cleared to ski on my repaired knee.
Accordingly I told my wife that I would take it easy and ski with you guys, @dbostedo and @Pumba.

So I'm counting on you to take advantage of Taos to step up your game. Don't let me down!

And what is wrong skiing with me? You never got hurt skiing with me. :cool:

Trust me, they will be much improved. Or die trying. :eek: Oh, yeah, that can be arranged too. :D

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trust me, they will be much improved. Or die trying. :eek: Oh, yeah, that can be arranged too. :D

Hmmm... I'll have to think about how I phrased my promise to my wife....

.... yeah, I probably only need one survivor :roflmao:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
For a small fee you can become chairman of the selection committee. :cool:

Sponsor

Staff online