• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Just saw this on OpenSnow... perhaps the rumored dusting is going to be a bit more. Note the wind forecast too....

View attachment 38853

At least the temperatures don't look too bad. What wind speed will shut down the lifts there?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So the snow in fact did come... I don't think we got 4 inches, even up top, but it's amazing what a little snow and some windblown will do to make for some nice soft runs. Great day overall... skied almost 24K of vert. (pretty big day for me).

Sadly, the sun was back by the end of the day.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
@dbostedo and @KingGrump glad you guys are getting some snow! How are you liking the Ski Week?

It's been great. I feel like I'm in a bit over my head even with the limited terrain open. (Meaning I'm learning.) The instructor and group are great. Had a couple of pretty good falls and slides today. :P

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Great day at Taos again... got some videography/analysis done as part of the Ski Week.

Also got a rope drop today on a small run that hasn't been open all season... and promptly fell 3 times in the deep stuff. It was a little heavy and pretty deep (I thought) - not quite like what I've been in the couple of times I've hit powder before. I think I made one good turn though!!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
That's one good turn though! Can't wait to hear more about your ski week when we see each other in Utah. Do you feel that you've improved?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
West Basin Ridge is open.

Z_West Basin Ridge.jpg

High Line been open for several weeks. The bumps are getting pretty big.

Z_High Line Ridge.jpg

Both have been skiing well.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
A great ending for the season. Taos been skiing well the last few weeks. Got some fresh snow to soften things up a bit. Warm temps keeps the snow soft. Quite a bit of terrain opened in the last few week.

The gang taking a break on Kitchen Wall on the way to Tresckow a few days ago.

IMG_20180328_112814.jpg

Tresckow skied really well. Had a great season overall.
We will miss Taos next season due to the Ikon pass road trip. Hope they have a great snow season.

Even though Taos is done for the season. There is still plenty of skiing to be done.
Moving to Summit County on Tuesday. Squaw and Mammoth after that for a few more weeks of spring skiing.

Sponsor