• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
LOL. I can fly from Portland to Albuquerque for $128 on SW, but there are essentially no return flights. Guess I'll have to just stay there till the Utah gathering.
Hope u can join us.....We'll have matching skis!

K

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a Taos Card this evening for $50 - the pre-season sale price. I'm still not certain if the $20 (weekend) and $30 (weekday) lift ticket discounts apply each day or one per week, or if the card brings a discount on ski week prices

The Taos card is good for everyday you are there. No limits.

LOL. I can fly from Portland to Albuquerque for $128 on SW, but there are essentially no return flights. Guess I'll have to just stay there till the Utah gathering.

Hey, we can drive up to SLC together.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
If anyone is interested in doing a SLC-Taos-SLC trip after the Gathering, please get in touch. I'd be happy to share driving/expenses.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Booked at the Columbine.

I'm enjoying this Taos Stoke thread thanks for all the tips..

I think you'll love Columbine, skiers own and operate it. A very good home made breakfast every day, hot tub isn't very big but relaxing. Rooms have tubs so can soak there if don't want to go outside. Excellent location, 1 mile from the mt. rooms are HUGE, clean w/Frig.
I'm going back for 2nd year and no doubt will be an annual ski trip. Feb was great last yr. skiing in sunglasses, powder snow what a treat coming from the frozen East coast boilerplate!
Nice tip on the skier card. I'm Using MCP, I took my 3rd day at Taos .Last yr the Mt had a MCP 'room' was stocked w/cookies, coffee and tea and there was a private ski tour for MCP holders. Counting down the days...

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The pass packages have been evoloving some since the new ownership.
Used to get a Taos card if I am there for a week. A Millennium pass when I am there longer. Haven't had a Taos card in about 10 years if not more.
The new value pass is good buy for $599 with early purchase. Only black out dates is the Xmas week. Get retail discounts and MCP reciprocity with that also.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Wow.... very quiet thread. I guess no snow = no discussing.

Just popped in to say I'm still doing a ski week at Taos next week (3rd -10th) and see if anyone will be around and wants to make some turns... or have a beer. (Or watch me attempt to ski bumps, just for the laughs :D)

@KingGrump ?

Eddie S

Putting on skis
Skier

Just popped in to say I'm still doing a ski week at Taos next week (3rd -10th) and see if anyone will be around and wants to make some turns... or have a beer. (Or watch me attempt to ski bumps, just for the laughs :D)

@KingGrump ?
I hope you have a wonderful time skiing Taos. I was hoping to do a ski week next week, also, but my brothers and I decided to venture farther afield to Steamboat, for the better conditions. Let us know how your week goes, and the conditions on the mountain.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

@KingGrump ?

No terrain other than groomers at this time. Great for working on fundamentals.
Give me a shout when you get in town. We can do some turns together.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No terrain other than groomers at this time. Great for working on fundamentals.
Give me a shout when you get in town. We can do some turns together.

Will do... should be fun. As you know, I'm fine with being on groomers, and intend to get a lot of work in on fundamentals!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I hope you have a wonderful time skiing Taos. I was hoping to do a ski week next week, also, but my brothers and I decided to venture farther afield to Steamboat, for the better conditions. Let us know how your week goes, and the conditions on the mountain.

Thanks... A trip report will be posted! (Once I get back...)

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
Have fun @dbostedo - a good friend of mine from the skidiva forum did the Taos Ski Week in January despite the snow conditions and got a lot out of it. I am sure it will be a great week! Let us know how it goes! And she said she had a great time skiing with @KingGrump too :)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Have fun @dbostedo - a good friend of mine from the skidiva forum did the Taos Ski Week in January despite the snow conditions and got a lot out of it. I am sure it will be a great week! Let us know how it goes! And she said she had a great time skiing with @KingGrump too :)

I also know Allison and have skied with her a couple of times. (I assume that's who you're referring to.) She posted a great report on Ski Diva too that got me more stoked to come out.

Had a great first lesson in the morning. Then spent the afternoon skiing with the grump clan and had a great time. Didn't make it to last chair though. This altitude is tough. The snow is nice where they have it though.

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
I also know Allison and have skied with her a couple of times. (I assume that's who you're referring to.) She posted a great report on Ski Diva too that got me more stoked to come out.

Had a great first lesson in the morning. Then spent the afternoon skiing with the grump clan and had a great time. Didn't make it to last chair though. This altitude is tough. The snow is nice where they have it though.

Yeah - Alison’s report was awesome. So glad to hear you had a great first day. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report! I’m thinking of doing it next year if budget allows / and the mcp still exists :)

TS
Crank

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Gotta say I would have been bored skiing there without the lessons. As it was, we took 2 days off skiing where we will usually ski 6 out of 6 days on a ski vacation. I think it prettied up and modernized my groomer technique a bit and that was fun. Don't think it will change how I ski off piste.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well prettied up groomer technique, per my understanding, should help you off piste. And there are always things to get better at.

That said, as an advancing intermediate, groomer lessons are fine with me and I do plan to ski all six days.