• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Count me in. I'll drive down on the second and ski Saturday/Sunday. I might have some business in Taos, in which case I might hang around town for another day or two.
A couple of weeks ago I was in town, having a beer and talking skiing at the Taos Mesa Tap Room with a TSV ski patrol buddy, and I can't wait to get back there this winter!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Sounds like a plan.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
It's on the calendar.
As long as the weather is decent, it's a nice drive.
Is it better to stay in TSV or in town?
By "better" meaning, more fun.
:beercheer:

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Definitely town. The village is quieter than a grave yard after dark.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Airfare has been purchased ogsmile, and I'm looking at lodging for Feb. 3rd - 10th.

Any lodging recommendations for a single traveller looking to stay in or near the base area? (Looking for a normal hotel room/condo - not a hostel/shared room.)

@Pumba did you pick a week yet?

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lots of the single guys I know like the Columbine Inn. It's 4 mile from the ski valley. I believe hot breakfast is included.

@Pumba will be there on the same week.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Airfare has been purchased ogsmile, and I'm looking at lodging for Feb. 3rd - 10th.

Any lodging recommendations for a single traveller looking to stay in or near the base area? (Looking for a normal hotel room/condo - not a hostel/shared room.)

I stayed in a reasonably priced VRBO within walking distance of the base. But that was before they finished the Blake and other base upgrades, and the vrbo owner was talking about updating the unit. So reasonably-priced may not be available anymore....

There is a good boot-up / basket check / locker room at the base (or at least was) so walking in shoes is fine.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Amizette Inn is a sweet hotel near, not on, the mountain. They have a great cooked to order breakfast that comes with the room. It is a small, family run place and not luxurious by any means. But we like it. Very reasonable. (OH, maybe I shouldn't be telling anyone this... they don't have many rooms.)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
(OH, maybe I shouldn't be telling anyone this... they don't have many rooms.)

You might have lost your secret already... they don't have anything for the week I'm there! But thanks for the recommendation.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

This is where I stayed.
It's gone up a little but still mid-priced. Convenient to walk to the lifts.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I'm thinking about staying in town at the Taos Inn.
I hate the idea of driving back and forth, but there are a lot more choices in town, and it's a LOT cheaper.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The Amizette Inn is a sweet hotel near, not on, the mountain. They have a great cooked to order breakfast that comes with the room. It is a small, family run place and not luxurious by any means. But we like it. Very reasonable. (OH, maybe I shouldn't be telling anyone this... they don't have many rooms.)

haha, yes, I've discovered a couple cheap spots nearby but I'm a little wary about sharing ogwink

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I’m just sticking my head in from the Four Corners thread. Very impressed with the quality of the posts. It’s like traveling first class. Is everything in Taos better?

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier

Nearly booked for the entire season!

Sponsor