• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's why I'd like to drive one of these someday...
5b29aea9a70d1_ariel_atom_1528916520dff9f98764daIMG_3076-940x631.jpg

KTM X-Bow? That's my dream car for a track lesson. Not even sure if they are available in the US.

Yeah, my ideal BMW is an '09-'12 535Xi Touring with a manual; very hard one to find though. Although, I do enjoy my wife's X3 35i.

No better ski car ever made. I missed one with the stick and very low miles because I was out of the country and the seller (supposed friend) didn't wait.

I believe there is a new M or sorta-M version of the X3 coming in the next few months.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Simple - Chevy Camaro V6 (335hp) 6sp with just the 1LE package - can be had for $30,900 (new) before the haggling starts
https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-sports-car/build-and-price/summary
1LE package
$4,500
  • Black hood wrap
  • Black front splitter
  • Black outside rearview mirrors
  • Black rear blade spoiler
  • Black 20" forged-aluminum wheels with 245/40ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear, run-flat, summer-only tires1
  • Brembo® 4-piston front, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
  • Performance suspension components (from Camaro SS) including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
  • Heavy-duty cooling including engine oil cooler, dual outboard radiators and rear differential cooler
  • Limited-slip differential
  • Dual-mode exhaust when equipped with the 3.6L V6 engine
  • Suede-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob
  • RS badging, front grilles and lighting
That's an amazing car for the money. 5.1 seconds 0-60 and C&D's biggest gripe is the V6 isn't fast enough for the fantastic suspension (having experienced the V8 SS 1LE):
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15098474/2017-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-1le-first-drive-review/

I'd love one. I don't just think I want to wear my mid-life crisis that visibly on my sleeve. :cool:

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
yes but the volvo xc40 is over 60k and here our current govt increases the pst from 7% to 10% at 55k
often the more expensive car's base model has the features you want and will be less than a car to which which you then add extras you want.
See the AMG is $54k here and only 375hp..not that I'd quibble about the 25hp diff.. :D But that's breaking the bank..

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier
KTM X-Bow? That's my dream car for a track lesson. Not even sure if they are available in the US.

It's an Ariel Atom in the pic, although the XBow would be fun too!

I believe there is a new M or sorta-M version of the X3 coming in the next few months.

Yeah, my wife wanted the closest she could get to an X3 M when she got the car, but they didn't have the M at the time, so she got the M-Sport. I parked beside the new X3 M a few weeks ago, it's nice.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Simple - Chevy Camaro V6 (335hp) 6sp with just the 1LE package - can be had for $30,900 (new) before the haggling starts
https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-sports-car/build-and-price/summary
1LE package
$4,500
  • Black hood wrap
  • Black front splitter
  • Black outside rearview mirrors
  • Black rear blade spoiler
  • Black 20" forged-aluminum wheels with 245/40ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear, run-flat, summer-only tires1
  • Brembo® 4-piston front, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
  • Performance suspension components (from Camaro SS) including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
  • Heavy-duty cooling including engine oil cooler, dual outboard radiators and rear differential cooler
  • Limited-slip differential
  • Dual-mode exhaust when equipped with the 3.6L V6 engine
  • Suede-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob
  • RS badging, front grilles and lighting

US$30k....F*** that's a bargain. We don't get the 1LE option here (NZ). Once they are RHD converted we get the SS for US$72k equivalent or the ZL1 for US$120k equivalent. Lots of muscle car enthusiasts in NZ and Australia so a good little market for them.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Refer back to your OP - Focus ST :)

I really tried to buy one of these. But the foldability of the back seat is a big deal for me, and the "tumble forward, then flip down for full-flat" did not leave me enough leg room in the driver's seat.

So......blasphemy in a fun "car" thread......I ended up with a good deal on a leftover 2013 XC60 R-Design. 350 x 350 on premium fuel. Lowered 1.25 inches. UHP all-season tires.

Anybody that says an SUV can't be fun to drive is welcome to come by my place for a little ride/drive.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
looking for a 62 mini,

34 hp, 0-60 eventually..
once was clocked at 75 mph in a 50 by the RCMP while taking the approach run up Burnaby Mtn
no ticket as they agreed that my speed would be well under the limit by top and with much laughter even pushed to help me get going again.
fwd, great in snow (except for that one roll over) no heat, no muffler, no back seat, no fire wall, no radio or any other instruments
actually I don't think any think any thing electrical ever worked but it was always easy to push start

fun cars really don't have to be expensive

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang...Non-Crazy is on to something here. Betsy and I both have TTs, her's a 00 180 hp quattro coupe, mine a 225 (+++) hp quattro coupe. they fit our equipment, are a hoot to drive, and I can work on them. After my years in the Porsche wilderness I finally got priced out and have not looked back since.

Attachments

• Day Skiing Winter Park 1-29-14.JPG
    Day Skiing Winter Park 1-29-14.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 17
  • TTsWeb_00.jpg
    TTsWeb_00.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 18
  • _DSC2963.JPG
    _DSC2963.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 17

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
we might be twins - the only difference on yours are the rims
sometimes in spring don't know which i prefer, the 6am road race up the Sea to Sky or the skiing

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
See the AMG is $54k here and only 375hp..not that I'd quibble about the 25hp diff.. :D But that's breaking the bank..

you got me there, I had one of these for a while, a 2017 maybe? And remembered press stating 403 bhp coming out - now they all say 375. Still . . . in that car . . . nuts. Ended up being too small for us with 2 kids, multiple dogs, and routinely carrying other kids to sports, scouts, et cetera so I sold it (that hurt). Never, ever, ever buy a new AMG. Lease - or buy CPO. Warranty is better, can be extended (shop around MB dealers for best price) - because the depreciation curve is like dropping Corbet's ;) STEEP and deep as soon as you launch LOL

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My ideal car is fun to drive (which leaves out almost all SUVS and Crossovers) but also practical (to carry stuff), gets decent fuel mileage, and has AWD. Finding vehicles with all this is becoming not easy.. My last car was a WRX hatch/wagon and was pretty darn close. When it came time to replace that car, it became clear that vehicles like that with AWD and a manual trans were almost non-existent. Ended up with a first-gen BMW X1. Technically an SUV/Crossover, but really a slightly tall hatch/wagon, but no manual trans available. At least the ZF 8-speed is a great auto trans. Not sure what my next car may be, maybe an AUDI A5 hatchback..

Sponsor

Staff online