• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Do you want a COOL LOOKING and FUN car or do you want a grocery getter and powered stroller that also hauls ass? I'm pretty much going with only 2-door options when looking at my next daily driver now that the kids are in high school. Ya, there are several 4 door cars that will haul ass, but they're still 4 door sedans..

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
This:

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 2.45.18 PM.png

:drool::drool::drool:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
There's no rubber on those giant wheels! They wouldn't last one outing on the roads we have around here especially in the winter!!!
I run a 65 series in the cold season and even that is punishing :eek:
I did get new tires before winter but if you are referring to the low profile, yeah I have been super wary as the potholes have been growing during this long, abundant winter in the west. So far no real issues except when snow is caked in the rims I do get a bit of a wobble for awhile at highway speeds.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Most fun cars I had when younger.

1973 Porsche 914

72b8a26c-4ca3-4a2f-bf74-80af30ac5401.jpg

I know the Kleenex box Porsche. But I loved how it went around corners.

Then 1989 Nissan 240SX.

MMSHOW-278_8.png

It went around corners just like the Porsche.

At least this didn’t happen to mine.

car-photo-tree-falls-on-1989-nissan-240sx-detroyed.jpg

OUCH!

WheatKing

Ice coast carveaholic
Skier
Meh to everyone here.. There is only one answer to satisfy this need.. Caddy CTS-V.. preferably a newer one with a LS-A and a stick.. Extra points for getting an older CTS-V wagon.

Hoon it everywhere.. and no one suspects it. Not exactly cheap, but unlike the german bruisers, you don't need a PhD and special tool kit and a guy named Hans to fix it.

556hp under the hood and RWD, you just can't go wrong. It's a corvette in a tux that lets you bring more than one friend to dinner.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Meh to everyone here.. There is only one answer to satisfy this need.. Caddy CTS-V.. preferably a newer one with a LS-A and a stick.. Extra points for getting an older CTS-V wagon.

Hoon it everywhere.. and no one suspects it. Not exactly cheap, but unlike the german bruisers, you don't need a PhD and special tool kit and a guy named Hans to fix it.

556hp under the hood and RWD, you just can't go wrong. It's a corvette in a tux that lets you bring more than one friend to dinner.
I would rather have the Corvette without the tux. My brother owns one (2019 convertible) , and it's a nice fun car.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I like the Porsche 914..if I could find a decent one for cheap..they ain't that cheap anymore though. Especially the 6 cyl versions..

CTS-V..hmm..Corvette..tough call..cumbersome..

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
the newer corvettes drive much better now but I sure never found the old ones ski friendly.
they completely lacked any snow performance and had no room for gear other than on the passengers lap.

audi tt quattro works for me, when the turbo is engaged fun drive, plenty of room for gear or suitcases and the skis will fit either inside or on the rack.
has a back seat too, which might be usable if your kids aren't bigger than a briefcase.

Sponsor