• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Fun Car...

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
So..Hyundai Veloster Type N, Honda Civic Type R, Mustang GT, Fiesta ST, Focus ST..whaddya think?

Or....1970 Boss 302 Mustang.. :D

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
So..Hyundai Veloster Type N, Honda Civic Type R, Mustang GT, Fiesta ST, Focus ST..whaddya think?

Or....1970 Boss 302 Mustang.. :D
Hyunda and Honda, too few ponies. 1970 Boss 302 not enough torque. Mustang GT - I don't like the steering.

Get a real muscle car e.g Hellcat, or a GT car e.g. Kia Stinger, or sports car Hyundai G70. (leaving the expensive cars, e.g. Audi, BMW, Porsche out of the list).

A friend of mine in high school had a '69 or '70 Dodge Super Bee. That was a fun car. Also when I was in high school, my brother had a heavily modified (150 mph top end, 10 s 1/4 mile with the right gearing) Rally Sport Camaro - very fun. He bought it off someone who had it as a track car, but he drove it on the street - long story.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Hellcat ain't cheap.. Stinger is meh.. The Type R is ridiculous but also $44k. I feel like the Mustang GT is the best bargain going.. Fiesta ST is cheap but bit of a tin box..

I do have a certain fascination with a fake Boss 302 with side exit exhausts and a 4-spd....

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Mustangs are like F150s, they’re a dime a dozen. Get yourself a Camaro SS.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Here you go, only half a car, but twice the fun.
https://www.suzuki.ca/?q=en/node/4975 Good luck hanging on to your license.
GSX-R750L9_AGT_R.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Of your list, the new Focus ST intrigues me the most, though we won't be getting it in the USA.

Second would be Mustang GT. If it were a hatchback, I'd personally put it at the top of the list. Heck, I'd put one in my garage!

Or, as @Philpug says, spend some time on Bring a Trailer. My cousin-in-law (?) has a beautiful Challenger on there right now. 426 Hemi with 4 speed stick. Wow!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Of your list, the new Focus ST intrigues me the most, though we won't be getting it in the USA.

Second would be Mustang GT. If it were a hatchback, I'd personally put it at the top of the list. Heck, I'd put one in my garage!

Or, as @Philpug says, spend some time on Bring a Trailer. My cousin-in-law (?) has a beautiful Challenger on there right now. 426 Hemi with 4 speed stick. Wow!
Re the Mustang..the GT gets you 460hp for $36k..I mean,how do you beat that? Hatch would be awesome, I agree.

Re the hemi, too heavy but that's a machine!

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
A hot hatch comparo with a lazy V8 coupe thrown in, a tough choice! Sticking to the hatches though, the Civic has won numerous awards worldwide and not just compared to other hatches either...EVO magazine voted it their Track Car of the Year in 2018 beating some serious machinery. My vote though for a refined, easy to live with, well sorted, rapid every day option would be the Golf R or GTI.

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
Yeah the R is definitely great at all things. Getting up there in price though. The Civic Type R performance is quite astonishing..and it's a Honda so it likely encourages you to beat on it constantly..but I have a hard with the vomit-on-it styling.. Looks like someone gave a bunch of fridge boxes and a hot glue gun to a high school Transformers fan club...

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Yeah the R is definitely great at all things. Getting up there in price though. The Civic Type R performance is quite astonishing..and it's a Honda so it likely encourages you to beat on it constantly..but I have a hard with the vomit-on-it styling.. Looks like someone gave a bunch of fridge boxes and a hot glue gun to a high school Transformers fan club...

Re Golf R price...which is why the GTI does so well - 90% of the performance for 25-30% less cost. And why the Honda is such great value for money. But yeh the Transformer-Tamiya kitset look isn't for everyone!! :eek:

Sponsor

Staff online