• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I tried some of this it was only so - so.
upload_2018-9-6_17-17-36.png

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
"Kegs, Cans, or Bottles, all taste the same. The three best is one beer—Blatz is the name."

Sid+Caesar.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Maine Beer Ccompany flagship DIPA, "Dinner," on tap. First time for me. Amazing, intellectually, but honestly too much for me under normal circumstances. Meaning, too much horsepower. I actually prefer a couple of their other beers. Good problem to have.

20180907_184213-02.jpeg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Maine Beer Ccompany flagship DIPA, "Dinner," on tap. First time for me. Amazing, intellectually, but honestly too much for me under normal circumstances. Meaning, too much horsepower. I actually prefer a couple of their other beers. Good problem to have.

Agree. A very sophisticated beer.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's probably best to go with the "Toyota Camry." It's not the best car in the world, but it's purrty damn good.

paleale_0.png
I remember the first time I had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. My friend, who also brewed his own beer, had it, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever (compared to Budweiser or whatever we drank then. But with new breweries and new beers being developed seemingly every day, it's now tough to choose a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, as classic as it is.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Classy package, classy beer. To some, maybe, just another glass of New England pineapple juice. Fair enough, but to me it's an example of one that's perfectly done in terms of balance. Very long in the mouth and just bitter enough to make you take another sip. Not too sweet, not too boozy.

20180923_172503-01.jpeg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^That just made me want a beer. Looks really good, and not too high of an ABV.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Well I've known for a long time that DAB made a good lager:
DabCan.jpg

But while picking some up I noticed they also made Maibock. I seemed to remember the name Maibock from my younger days, so I tried a couple. It was so good so I went back and picked up some more.
TBS_DAB_MB_AND_GLASS.jpg

While picking up the Maibock, I saw some dark beer, so I tried it. Also very good.
dab-dark-beer.jpg

Who knew?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Well I've known for a long time that DAB made a good lager:
DabCan.jpg

But while picking some up I noticed they also made Maibock. I seemed to remember the name Maibock from my younger days, so I tried a couple. It was so good so I went back and picked up some more.
TBS_DAB_MB_AND_GLASS.jpg

While picking up the Maibock, I saw some dark beer, so I tried it. Also very good.
dab-dark-beer.jpg

Who knew?
There was a little neighborhood bar that I would stop to eat maybe once a week that had DAB on tap. It was owned by an old German guy, his wife would run the kitchen and his brother would tend bar nights. Aside from good food the beer was always cool, not cold but cool maybe 45F - 50F they had others on tap a well but back than I would drink the DAB. It is better from the tap.

Sponsor

Staff online