• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Attention Cannon, Burke, Loon, and Bretton Woods skiers. (Moderator @Read Blinn , please tag accordingly. [Why can't I?])

@Wending and I recently paid our second visit to Schilling, in Littleton, NH. What killer beer! We particularly fell for this hefeweizen, which is exceptionally rich and complex and well knit together. Normally not fans of central European beer styles but this place executes them so well ...

The pizza's not bad either.

20180213_183946-01.jpeg 20180213_183954-01.jpeg

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Attention Cannon, Burke, Loon, and Bretton Woods skiers. (Moderator @Read Blinn , please tag accordingly. [Why can't I?])

@Wending and I recently paid our second visit to Schilling, in Littleton, NH. What killer beer! We particularly fell for this hefeweizen, which is exceptionally rich and complex and well knit together. Normally not fans of central European beer styles but this place executes them so well ...

The pizza's not bad either.

View attachment 39545 View attachment 39546

Gotta get over there this summer!

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Schilling is really good, their gose is exceptional. (I'd rather drink a Lost Nation 'The Wind' or 'The Wind Blue', but Schilling is really good).

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Schilling is really good, their gose is exceptional. (I'd rather drink a Lost Nation 'The Wind' or 'The Wind Blue', but Schilling is really good).

it pretty amazing that we probably have the best brewery for Gose's in the country in our backyards.

The Wind and its variants are just amazing.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Lost Nation is criminally under rated for both beer and being the best casual place to eat in the region. Hen of the Woods is 'better', but kind of a different atmosphere.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lost Nation is criminally under rated for both beer and being the best casual place to eat in the region. Hen of the Woods is 'better', but kind of a different atmosphere.

I've tried a couple of the Lost Nation brews and have not been overly impressed. But, you are not the first to sing their praises so will look to try some of their other offerings. I was even thinking of swinging by their place this weekend or next when we are at Stowe since it is nearby.

Hen of the Woods is great. One of our favorite places in the area. Will be there for dinner this Saturday actually. Prohibition Pig and Blackback also nice places to try in Waterbury, though both are a pain in the ass to eat at since they don't take reservations.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hen of the Wood has left a bad taste in my mouth even though I've never eaten there. It's a customer relations issue. I've tried three times to get reservations there and failed all three times. They don't seem interested in making it easy ... like you're bothering them by asking. Part of the problem was my crazy idea that I should be able to use their website as a portal for information about how to reserve. The site has - or at least had, since it's been a year or more - some major issues. Then there was a problem with contacting them by phone, which apparently is (was?) how they want you to reserve. You leave them a message, and if they have a spot, they call you back (allegedly), but if they don't, they just don't bother and leave you hanging. Three times. Life is too short.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
There's a new beer in town. Bend,Oregon, 10 Barrel, Pearl. Delicious.
Tahoe is in the doghouse for snow.! ( UT & CO just left it!) One storm in 2018 and spring conditions/thaw

Time for serious action. Drink Ullr
Drink Ullr
Drink Ullr
Or if you're Tahoe bound and pass on the hard stuff then drink this 10 Barrel from Bend OR product. :beercheer:

pray for snow.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I saw on FB that today is "National Beer Day" so I think I will have some with lunch.:beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online