• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
On a bit of a dark ale kick lately..winter I guess..tried this, not bad. Not too dark with some freshness..
51316d6fcd35b6ec020f62133a505432_640x640.jpg

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I just tried a Budweiser Jim Beam. While I was disappointed that it wasn't a beer with a shot of whiskey, it actually tasted great. Bud aged in whiskey barrels. Awesome. I guess Bud decided not to buy some craft brewer but just make a beer that tastes like a good craft beer. Cheers!

Eric

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Posted CA PA (California Pale Ale, Citra hops, our favorite) from Fifty Fifty Brewing in Truckee in the Tahoe thread earlier this week.
6353_CA_PA.JPG

Tonight had Oregon State Pale from Backside Brewing in Roseburg, OR that I got at Harry and David's flagship store in Medford on my way N in Aug.
6360_OR_PA.JPG

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Posted CA PA (California Pale Ale, Citra hops, our favorite) from Fifty Fifty Brewing in Truckee in the Tahoe thread earlier this week.
View attachment 56444

Tonight had Oregon State Pale from Backside Brewing in Roseburg, OR that I got at Harry and David's flagship store in Medford on my way N in Aug.
View attachment 56445
Do you mean Citra is you r favorite hops, or CAPA is your favorite Fifty Fifty beer?

Have you ever had Knee Deep's Citra Pale Ale? That is so good, especially on tap at the brewery.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Citra is our favorite hop. Mosaic is also one we like.

I have not had all Fifty Fifty beers so I can’t say if CAPA is my favorite, but it is a good one. They had another Firty Fifty IPA on tap at DART in Stateline, NV that I tasted and was also good, but it was over $3.50 for a to-go pint while 805 was $1.99 and lower alcohol which was good since I was driving home not long after buying it. You have to like NV laws that allow growler fills and to-go daiquiris, etc. in addition to pints to go liquor stores.

I’ve had Knee Deep on tap at sandwich shop near my house that I often stop at for one Happy Hour beer while walking my dogs or after short mountain bike I do from my house. I need to get to brewery. My niece lives a mile or two away, but we’ve never had enough time after visiting her.

Our local newspaper featured Auburn last weekend. See https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/10/13/brunch-brews-4-awesome-auburn-breweries-to-explore/ and https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/10/14/7-ways-to-play-in-old-town-auburn/

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After all my deliveries today....I am having a few of these that I picked up last weekend while in Burlington for my daughters UVM visit.

1AD87453-FA6B-4962-8554-C53DDB20E232.jpeg 93D274E7-275B-4518-B7E2-820C439484A6.jpeg

I think I’m going to like the next 4 years....lol

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I just tried a Budweiser Jim Beam. While I was disappointed that it wasn't a beer with a shot of whiskey, it actually tasted great. Bud aged in whiskey barrels. Awesome. I guess Bud decided not to buy some craft brewer but just make a beer that tastes like a good craft beer. Cheers!

Eric
I believe sadly that Budweiser bought the 10 Barrel brewery in Bend Oregon. They brew the craft beer "Pray for snow"
10 barrel is doing tours this fall of their new ski movie called (you'll never guess ) "Pray For Snow".
(note to mods: if this looks ad like please delete)

Local tour dates for the movie are:
Sat 11/10 Truckee at Pizza on the Hill
Sat 12/1 South LakeTahoe at Kirkwood Deep
https://mailchi.mp/tetongravity/10barrel-pray-for-snow?e=2ea72343b3

disclosure: I have no connection to 10 Barrel except as used for my Avatar.
and occasionally consumed in place of Ullr !
ALso have no idea if the movie is any good :duck:

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Wasn't too bad this weekend. First time with Yuenglings version. Darn hard to get any type of Oktoberfest in Wisconsin right now. Florida is still stocked.

72310.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Had these choice available while cleaning the bugs off of the skis and prepping them for the upcoming opening.
What to enjoy the brown ale or the pale ale. Just too hard of a choice, so drank them both. Best choice possible.
My favorite, both of them.
20181110_142112.jpg

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Double Cone IPA on tap @ Eureka n Mountain View. A preferred subtlety here for a big IPA.

EE0B72EA-3610-4911-8116-B24B959FDC43.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online