• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Beer

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Lost Nation is criminally under rated for both beer and being the best casual place to eat in the region. Hen of the Woods is 'better', but kind of a different atmosphere.

Good tip! Thanks. What I like about thia IPA is that it's very coherent. It wants to be crisp, balanced, refreshing beer more than it wants to make a statement.

20180409_174808-01.jpeg 20180409_175341-01.jpeg

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
This was really good.

20180426_005042.jpg

This bold, brown ale gets its body from a team of malts including caramel malt for sweetness, flaked barley for dense foam, a bit of chocolate malt for its deep color, and aromatic and Munich malts to add even more depth. German and Perle hops add a touch of bitterness to balance the malty sweetness. The addition of rich Sumatra coffee takes this perfectly balanced brown ale to a decadent level.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Up in Sudbury this long weekend..and grabbed some Black Rock ale from Stack Brewery. Nice..black ale with some hop finish..

beer_217186.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We are at the Road Jam Music fest today with two roads aplenty. Not the greatest but lil heaven and honey spot IPAs are ok. Sip of sunshine is brewed here but they don't sell it to the public which is annoying. Perfect temps in the 60s and decent music so I'm happy.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
This is gorgeous beer. Treehouse APA, courtesy of a Bay State friend. @mdf , @KevinF , @Needham , go get some!

20180629_201756-01.jpeg

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Gold Dollar Pale Ale at the Brew Brothers in the biggest little city in the world after skiing Squaw on your VP19 Vario.

"Yea. OK. Sounds good to me."

-- anonymous​

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Been enjoying some of the local stuff you will probably never see on a shelf at the local microbreweries. In the last couple of weeks in the heat I tipped back some nice pale and red ales at such well known places as English Setter Brewing, Quartzite Brewing, Big Barn Brewing, and Iron Goat.

There are a load of breweries around here and may never get to try them all, but doing so is a noble quest. A guy needs to have goals in life.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
This is my third trip to the UK in 5 years and I'm generally not thrilled with the beer. Had to resort to newcastle yesterday. Tenants was decent. Finally found brewdog ipa and then last night on skye the clouds parted and the birds sang when i discovered this one.

20180725_194215.jpg

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
This is my third trip to the UK in 5 years and I'm generally not thrilled with the beer. Had to resort to newcastle yesterday. Tenants was decent. Finally found brewdog ipa and then last night on skye the clouds parted and the birds sang when i discovered this one.

View attachment 49743
Nice, they sell Innis & Gunn at the gov liquor stores here. I've enjoyed their Scotch Ale on occasion.(the original)
1018313.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Picked this up for the family bbq this past weekend. A traditional beer in the maritimes. Not available in the rest of Canada I don't get the name though. There isn't an alp anywhere in 6000kms

20180902_150508_HDR_resized.jpg

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A sampling of this past weekend's offerings at our Maine Labor day fest.

upload_2018-9-5_14-10-38.png

Sponsor