• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'd call them and request a refund. Just to see what they say. After all, you purchased a pass with an expectation of parking like it has been. To change the rules after the purchase is a bit underhanded.

Squaw changed the parking rules after passes were sold last year, although it wasn't as much of a haul as it looks like northstar's is, and after half the season of the car pool/paid lot empty while the other lot was full, they gave up and only did it on the weekends.

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I live in SMUD-land - yay! But wow. It was windy today and not comfortable being outside. I got blown sideways while crossing the street this morning. Usually that only happens to me when I'm on skis, on a ridge. (See? I got this back onto ski talk!)

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Power at my house came back on at 3 PM which means I was out for 15 hours. We did not have much wind although two mountain tops in Bay Area had gusts over 70 mph early Thurs AM.

I had a hard time moving new fridge out far enough to reach cord as guys that delivered and installed it had set feet down so it would not roll. So I only had it on generator for a little over twenty minutes before I had to leave and did not plug it back in.

On my return home from visiting friend in hospital, three traffic signals on the major street I was on were out, but they were all minor streets. Too bad there are so many bad drivers in my area who either don't know or ignore the law that says if a signal is out, you treat it as a 4-way stop.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This whole mega-shut down experience, while frustrating and annoying, has the silver lining of showing PG&E the challenges/problems they need to deal with and NOT have re-occur the next time. Better to deal with the glitches under "controlled" conditions, so to speak. And you're working on this very thing as we speak, right PG&E???

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Power at my house came back on at 3 PM which means I was out for 15 hours. We did not have much wind although two mountain tops in Bay Area had gusts over 70 mph early Thurs AM.

I had a hard time moving new fridge out far enough to reach cord as guys that delivered and installed it had set feet down so it would not roll. So I only had it on generator for a little over twenty minutes before I had to leave and did not plug it back in.

On my return home from visiting friend in hospital, three traffic signals on the major street I was on were out, but they were all minor streets. Too bad there are so many bad drivers in my area who either don't know or ignore the law that says if a signal is out, you treat it as a 4-way stop.
I damn got rear-ended for stopping at a dead traffic light.

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider

Joshuawjc

Getting on the lift
Skier
My preliminary outlook for the winter ahead for the Northern Hemisphere:
https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019/10/12/october-preliminary-2019-20-winter-outlook/

Also:
View attachment 81922
A dusting/few inches due next Saturday for the Tahoe region.

So I'm curious:

I'm a big fan of amateur forecasting, and appreciate all the great geekery that folks like you and BA do, generating info for the rest of us to play and procrastinate with. But my impression is that autumn forecasts of winter weather -- however sophisticated -- tend to be little more accurate than astrology or the Farmers' Almanac.

Is that correct? Are there any good summaries of the accuracy of long-range winter forecasts? Or yours in particular? A quick Google search turns up not much, so I thought I'd inquire.

Either way, "above average" is still the correct answer of course.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The weather forecast for this coming week looks a little daunting for snow production and maintenance.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone here going to the Meet and Greet at Mt Rose today?

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
If I recall correctly, what they did the last season with Wizard WROD opening was- Friday opening day pass holders only & Sat-Sun open to all at $20.

What I didn't like last year is that they only checked tickets for an hour or so in the morning, and then it was a freebie, so it got crowded ... and behavior was less than ideal. I am hoping that RFID this year will eliminate this all together. Also, I am coaching Fri-Sat in my town so it's not clear I can make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online