• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
35 at Alta on a day I crashed hard.

I didn’t think an ankle could be injured in a properly fitted boot but I was wrong.
Thinking I have a broken wrist but will wait until after I ski tomorrow to have it looked at. Having broken the right wrist, hand, and arm multiple times this is the first on the left.

View attachment 89224 View attachment 89225
Hoping it's just some bumps and bruises.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ice, heat, beer, and the hot tub has me feeling pretty good now.
I’m sure more than my wrist and ankle will be sore in the morning but am planning on heading to Alta in the morning
Priorities!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

I didn’t think an ankle could be injured in a properly fitted boot but I was wrong.
Thinking I have a broken wrist but will wait until after I ski tomorrow to have it looked at. Having broken the right wrist, hand, and arm multiple times this is the first on the left.

Here's my bit of advice.
That thing you did when you crashed....
Don't do that. ;)

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Rest up @jmills115 - it’s a long season and as Tricia said, don’t do that again !
Feeling your pain after hitting a submerged log around the ankle and straining the F*<k out of my calf. Now my kanckle barely gets in the boot !
Skied days 24 and 25 all on the right leg before needing to take a few days off.

Back out today - we will see how it goes.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rest up @jmills115 - it’s a long season and as Tricia said, don’t do that again !
Feeling your pain after hitting a submerged log around the ankle and straining the F*<k out of my calf. Now my kanckle barely gets in the boot !
Skied days 24 and 25 all on the right leg before needing to take a few days off.
Back out today - we will see how it goes.

I woke up feeling pretty ok with the regular aches of a 49 year old + a slightly tender ankle.

Day 36 at Alta

1F34ECA1-1579-4C5F-A80B-F1A816113555.jpeg
E6B08B66-BF18-4B03-91B7-95519253A466.jpeg

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier

bummer, hope you'll be ok..

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances I skied only 35 days last season, or tried to ski 35 days as it wasn't working right. Today was number 35 for this season, and while my skiing isn"t as good as I think it used to be, it ain't all bad. Gonna keep getting those days in as long as I can.

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier
13. 45 degrees at Wilmot. Snow held up until about 4pm. We're supposed to get cooler temps tuesday/wednesday, so hopefully I'll get out during the week this week.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Now up to 8 days - I'd forgotten my first day, which is a shame because it was a fun half-day over Thanksgiving weekend:

1x - Killington, VT
1x - Brighton, UT
2x - Jack Frost, PA
4x - Liberty Mountain, PA

The Mid-Atlantic is getting thrashed around by warm weather. The reason I took my racing team to Jack Frost was because of snow loss at Liberty Mountain that prevented us from setting gates (as well as other safety concerns with our racers all being squeezed onto a limited patch of non-beginner terrain - would rather not force more crowding).

There's a tiny window of cold weather this week - there's even snow in the forecast tomorrow, 2 inches due at Liberty with a 48-or-so hour window where they should be able to fire up the snow guns. After that? Warm, wind, rain - not ideal. Saturday's high will be in the low 60s Fahrenheit with a driving rain. I'll be there working (gotta check the timing system for a race we are hosting in early February), but it will be wet. Cold weather won't return in earnest until after January 20.

And all the resorts in southern Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland, and other similar climes will be in the same boat.

It has to be disheartening for the owners and staff of these areas. It's tough for most folks (especially casual skiers) to get revved up to ski when it's raining. Sure, the race teams will be out there; but it takes a certain amount of fortitude to keep coming back on rainy days. It's too warm for our typical chemical hardener (urea) to create a firm surface for training. And we likely still won't have enough snow depth to set gates. With the racing season starting up soon in PA, that's challenging.

But I ski, so I must go...

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Vail x3
Alta x3
Snowbird x1
Kirkwood x2
Heavenly x2

:ogbiggrin:Eleven so far... may do 2 more trips yet:ogbiggrin:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.