• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is there any/much difference with the force needed to step into the 13 vs the 16 (assuming both are set at the same DIN)?

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Last summer several of the online stores had the Attack 13s in stock for as low as $60. They had the orange/red trim on the heel pieces, which is a little gaudy, but easy to live with at that price.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Has anyone here run an Attack toe with high negative delta?

Looking for first hand users with 3mm+ gas pedal AND forward mount

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've never encountered an easier binding to step into than the Attack 13. So unlike my Marker Griffons on my Kenjas. I would be curious if the Attack 16 is just as easy.
You never tried the Geze Powerglide Heel. Assuming the 13 and 16 are set the same, the force to get in will be the same too.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have been searching online looking for the Aaattack 13 and can't find any for a 75ish waist ski. Anyone have a line on some or a good alternative for a 6'3" 190 lb. and a "level 4" skier to mount on a Head Natural Instinct?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You never tried the Geze Powerglide Heel. Assuming the 13 and 16 are set the same, the force to get in will be the same too.
No, they were easier, one of the easiest step in heels.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have been searching online looking for the Aaattack 13 and can't find any for a 75ish waist ski. Anyone have a line on some or a good alternative for a 6'3" 190 lb. and a "level 4" skier to mount on a Head Natural Instinct?
Narrowest heel IIRC is 85mm. I do think there us a narrower brake that can be swapped though.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Narrowest heel IIRC is 85mm. I do think there us a narrower brake that can be swapped though.

@Philpug
Being you are the be all know all equipment guru.....
The Head Natural Instinct ski comes with the Head PR 12 bindings. I am I good to go with the included Bindings?

On another note, how about the Renoun Z-77's that I will likely get for my wife? 5' 10" 140 lb high level skier. Do the Renoun skis come with their won binding? If not, which one should I get for her?

Michael Kane

Kano
Skier
All this being said, I am not a fan of them. It is just likely my tastes. I am a total fan boy of Looks.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
So the question is who just does not like the Attack 13's?

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
So the question is who just does not like the Attack 13's?

Well, when I asked the product manager the season before they were introduced: "what's the story about your new freeride binding? What makes it better than the Mojo/ Peak bindings?"

He looked me in the eye and said "it isn't. It is what is in fashion, but it has no vertical release at the toe, it's really a step backward... but it'll sell well."

So, I suppose you could say the product manager isn't a fan.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Philpug
Being you are the be all know all equipment guru.....
The Head Natural Instinct ski comes with the Head PR 12 bindings. I am I good to go with the included Bindings?

On another note, how about the Renoun Z-77's that I will likely get for my wife? 5' 10" 140 lb high level skier. Do the Renoun skis come with their won binding? If not, which one should I get for her?
They do not. I am interested in the answer to this too as i am getting ready to purchase something in this width. The 85mm brake will be fine in terms of fit, but I wonder if anybody would be worried about boot out on a 77mm width ski with the Aaatack 13's low profile. I'll be mounting adjustable, so that adds a few mm . . .

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
They do not. I am interested in the answer to this too as i am getting ready to purchase something in this width. The 85mm brake will be fine in terms of fit, but I wonder if anybody would be worried about boot out on a 77mm width ski with the Aaatack 13's low profile. I'll be mounting adjustable, so that adds a few mm . . .

How wide are your boots?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Is there any/much difference with the force needed to step into the 13 vs the 16 (assuming both are set at the same DIN)?

I own both. I can't tell. Both are set to DIN 10, so in theory there should be no difference.

Sponsor

Staff online