• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
They do not. I am interested in the answer to this too as i am getting ready to purchase something in this width. The 85mm brake will be fine in terms of fit, but I wonder if anybody would be worried about boot out on a 77mm width ski with the Aaatack 13's low profile. I'll be mounting adjustable, so that adds a few mm . . .

The tyrolia brakes tuck up very nicely. Let's be real though. There's no one posting here who will ever be in danger of booting out or catching a brake on hard pack. ogsmile

Last edited:

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
The tyrolia brakes tuck up very nicely. Let be real. There is no one posting here who will ever be in danger of booting out or catching a brake on hard pack. ogsmile
Oh, I didn't think so. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do something stupid because I really haven't skied anything that narrow since . . . before shaped skis!

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Oh, I didn't think so. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do something stupid because I really haven't skied anything that narrow since . . . before shaped skis!

The new race bindings all have 85 brakes..

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you Markojp and Philpug.

mishka

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
what I don't like about Aaattack that's the breaks attached with rails together this not convenient for transportation. However I'm getting a pair just because of easy adjustment. Will have to go with inserts and remove binding altogether when traveling.

What is Delta in aaattac and griffons?

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I noticed one of my sets of Attack 13s is branded "Fischer"?

IMG_3691.JPG

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
They do not. I am interested in the answer to this too as i am getting ready to purchase something in this width. The 85mm brake will be fine in terms of fit, but I wonder if anybody would be worried about boot out on a 77mm width ski with the Aaatack 13's low profile. I'll be mounting adjustable, so that adds a few mm . . .

I have a set of Attack 13s mounted on my 78mm Kastles. The footprint of the binding just fits at the waist, but the toe piece does hang over. I have not had any issues booting out, but I don't eaxsctly lay it over either.

IMG_3689.JPG

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
I have a set of Attack 13s mounted on my 78mm Kastles. The footprint of the binding just fits at the waist, but the toe piece does hang over. I have not had any issues booting out, but I don't eaxsctly lay it over either.

View attachment 23493

Generally with a ski that narrow, you'd mount a Head Free Flex Evo series binding. On a plate would be even better.

(Head makes OEM bindings for Fischer, Kastle, Elan, and a handful of others. Different paint job is all.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've seen Fischer and Head branded Tyrolia bindings. I want to say one more . . . can't remember. Its just "private label" action. Tyrolia is the manufacturer of all of them.
Kastle, Elan, 4Front and anyone who has a relationship with Tyrolia. Hell, if we bought enough, I am sure are could get a Pugski logo'ed Attack.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Kastle, Elan, 4Front and anyone who has a relationship with Tyrolia. Hell, if we bought enough, I am sure are could get a Pugski logo'ed Attack.

DUDE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Is there a group purchase in Pugski's future?

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
Ambitious? I'll bet as few as 500 pair would get you a Pugski logo, for special colorways, maybe 1500 to 3000 pair?

It would only be 'ambitious' if you were trying to not lose a boatload of money.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ambitious? I'll bet as few as 500 pair would get you a Pugski logo, for special colorways, maybe 1500 to 3000 pair?

It would only be 'ambitious' if you were trying to not lose a boatload of money.

Or not lose retail level sponsors by competing with them, which is what I was hinting at.

Shrug it may have been too obscure - I was trying not to kill the mood. OK fine I was trying not to stomp on it once it was lying on the ground.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Although for the record, the small square pugski sticker fits perfectly on the heel piece.

Sponsor

Staff online