• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Saller

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Yeah, the 11 is not the same....I install a lot of 11,12 and 13’s......I totally recommend the 13 for most adults....it is a great binding install and most Pugs prefer it.

I will say, the 11 we are putting on a lot of our youth/intermediate typical NEPA ski packages....great option for this type skier.

But again, IMHO the 13 is a nicer/burlier option for more advanced skiers.

While the brakes seem too wide, they do not fold up and "get narrower" when clicking in.
Also, searched the web, and 115mm seem to be the widest option for attack11 (?)
On tyrolias web site also the brakes look different
attack 13 (110mm) (narrowerbrakes/first pic) and attack 11 (115mm)

1200.jpg
1200.jpg

guess i will buy some 13s and remount myself, hope the mount pattern is the same

Last edited:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Beware the different delta!

I put an 11 demo on my new Laser AXs. I was having a very hard time dialing in on those skis and even thought about selling them. Tried them forward and backward and found that different but still not "right." Saw in another thread that the 11s have a high delta and so shimmed under the toes 3 or 4 ml and it was night and day. Amazed at what a huge difference such a small adjustment made.

Deep powder days every day since then so will have to ski them some more before being sure that is the fix but I am hopeful.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
While the brakes seem too wide, they do not fold up and "get narrower" when clicking in.
attack 13 (100mm) (narrowerbrakes) and attack 11 (115mm)

1200.jpg
1200.jpg

guess i will buy some 13s and remount myself, hope the mount pattern is the same

Same jig....same hole pattern. You are good to go....just be careful with a handjob...lol

I think you will notice immediately the “feel” of the 13 is better......you will be happy you upgraded.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
At the demo centre where I work very part time, most of the demo skis have Aattack 11 demo bindings with the bigger burlier skis getting Aattack 13 bindings.

I am going from memory but Aattack 11 retail binding is $189CDN, Aattack12 is $219CDN and Aattack 13 is $229CDN. The 12 and 13 have identical 3 piece heels, and I think, but am not 100% sure, that the toes are identical as well, except of course for the stronger spring in the Aattack 13 vs 12.

The Aattack 12 is white and aimed at ladies and lighter weight men who know that they will never need a DIN that is even close to 13 but don't mind paying a bit more for the better heel piece, or they just like the white colour better.

The Aattack 11 at less than $200CDN is a great binding for someone on a budget and whose current DIN is 8 or less.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
attack 13 (110mm) (narrowerbrakes/first pic) and attack 11 (115mm)

1200.jpg
1200.jpg

That’s how I could tell they were bent poorly as both will tuck in when the boot is in.

Agree the 13 is the way to go and it will upgrade the brake size, heel construction and heel height in the same swap.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
At the demo centre where I work very part time, most of the demo skis have Aattack 11 demo bindings with the bigger burlier skis getting Aattack 13 bindings.

I am going from memory but Aattack 11 retail binding is $189CDN, Aattack12 is $219CDN and Aattack 13 is $229CDN. The 12 and 13 have identical 3 piece heels, and I think, but am not 100% sure, that the toes are identical as well, except of course for the stronger spring in the Aattack 13 vs 12.

The Aattack 12 is white and aimed at ladies and lighter weight men who know that they will never need a DIN that is even close to 13 but don't mind paying a bit more for the better heel piece, or they just like the white colour better.

The Aattack 11 at less than $200CDN is a great binding for someone on a budget and whose current DIN is 8 or less.

You are correct, the toes are all the same except for the DIN and the heels are the same except DIN on the 12 and 13. The issue with the 11 is it’s very high heel height compared to any other Attack bindings and the lighter but less solid heel construction.

Always skip the 11 unless you are a light beginner and go to the 12 or 13. The 12 usually sold in a ski/binding package, doesn’t have as many color options as the 13 and is usually not sold separately as often as the 13.
The 13 does retail for $229 but since it’s their most popular binding, it’s always sold for MUCH less than that especially if you’re in Canada. It’s the sweet spot for price/performance in their lineup or for all bindings period.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Aattack 11...is a great binding for someone on a budget and whose current DIN is 8 or less.
Maybe the former but definitely not the latter. You cannot judge a binding by the release setting alone...have you not read anything I have written? ;) you are saying a 6’3” 220lb 50 year old type III skier with a 315 BSL who is 7 is fine in an Attack 11? Sorry. I disagree.
Much more goes into a binding selection that just a release setting.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Maybe the former but definitely not the latter. You cannot judge a binding by the release setting alone...have you not read anything I have written? ;) you are saying a 6’3” 220lb 50 year old type III skier with a 315 BSL who is 7 is fine in an Attack 11? Sorry. I disagree.
Much more goes into a binding selection that just a release setting.

Yeah, you are right. I should have said the Aattack 11 is for the light weight less aggressive skier on a budget.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI: The 11s take an L brake, the 13s take an A brake.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Anyone notice a high amount of vertical travel (elasticity) with the heel of the Attack 13? I have them set on 9 and when I get really forward, pressuring the tips, I can feel my heels raise up.

Is this an issue with the bindings or totally normal for this model.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone care to compare/contrast the Attack 13 to the Look Pivot 14s?
Look has more elasticy in the toe and the heel along with a shorter mount distance for a more even flex of the ski and a lower rotation weight. The Look is also $329 verses the $199 of the Attack 13. the Pivot 12 would be a better comparision but is still $279.

Getting to the origina post, it is common knowledge that Tyrolia is under pricing the Attack 13 to gain market share and love. Most every other binding in this class is $229-279. Readers here are smart enough to take advantage of this pricing structure. An even better deal is the Attack 12, the same binding as the 13 but only available in white/gray for $189. If you aer fine with white, save $10.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Anyone notice a high amount of vertical travel (elasticity) with the heel of the Attack 13? I have them set on 9 and when I get really forward, pressuring the tips, I can feel my heels raise up.

Is this an issue with the bindings or totally normal for this model.
IMHO, not an issue, but a feature. I will say the only heels that are significantly better are the Pivot and SPX heels from look. Another compare/contrast point to add to @Coach13's question.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
What are the differences in feel and performance in an Attack13 versus a Marker Griffon 13?

And also, do you guys view a huge difference between a demo binding and regular binding for same model?

I have never demoed a binding (different binding on same ski), so I wouldn't know the difference in feel. I have a combination of Griffons and Attacks on my quiver (Griffons on K2s/Volkls and Attacks on Kastles).

And typically I use a demo binding for ease of adjustment/resale/lending but some swear that in and of itself that a regular binding versus a demo binding has noticeably better feel/less weight? One serious skier I am friends with is adamant not to use demo bindings. I keep telling myself I doubt I'd notice much difference between a Griffon and an Attack or demo versus non-demo binding but I've never actually tested to really know.

Thoughts?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What are the differences in feel and performance in an Attack13 versus a Marker Griffon 13?

And also, do you guys view a huge difference between a demo binding and regular binding for same model?

I have never demoed a binding (different binding on same ski), so I wouldn't know the difference in feel. I have a combination of Griffons and Attacks on my quiver (Griffons on K2s/Volkls and Attacks on Kastles).

And typically I use a demo binding for ease of adjustment/resale/lending but some swear that in and of itself that a regular binding versus a demo binding has noticeably better feel/less weight? One serious skier I am friends with is adamant not to use demo bindings. I keep telling myself I doubt I'd notice much difference between a Griffon and an Attack or demo versus non-demo binding but I've never actually tested to really know.

Thoughts?

Between the Griffon and Attack, the main difference is entry and exit, the Griffon because of it's heel design requires much more force to get in. Ramp angle is also different, the Griffon is a slight negative ramp angle.

Between the demo and retail counterparts, the difference wasn't as much until we started seeing Gripwalk/AT compatability with the demo bindings, this has added upward of 10mm differnce between the demo stack height and the retail models. When we are testing skis, I would prefer not to have to take the binding into considertion but it is becoming the case again.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Look has more elasticy in the toe and the heel along with a shorter mount distance for a more even flex of the ski and a lower rotation weight. The Look is also $329 verses the $199 of the Attack 13. the Pivot 12 would be a better comparision but is still $279.

Getting to the origina post, it is common knowledge that Tyrolia is under pricing the Attack 13 to gain market share and love. Most every other binding in this class is $229-279. Readers here are smart enough to take advantage of this pricing structure. An even better deal is the Attack 12, the same binding as the 13 but only available in white/gray for $189. If you aer fine with white, save $10.

Thanks for the comparison. I’m a big Look Pivot fan but you’re right they are pricey.

Saller

Skier
Regarding the problems with too wide brakes of attack11s:
So, i installed the new attack13s today with no problems, brakes fit perfectly :golfclap::)
Really do not know what the cause for the wrong brakes with the attack11 was. Did not get a satisifieng answer from the online Shop.

Thanks for listening and all the help :coffee:

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I skied Markers all my life until I met @Pugski. Two things have happened since then. I no longer own just one pair of skis but have four. And all of my skis have AAAttack 13's except for the Tyrolia system bindings on my Head Rally's (and I wish I had the 13's on those too).

Saller

Skier
I skied Markers all my life until I met @Pugski. Two things have happened since then. I no longer own just one pair of skis but have four. And all of my skis have AAAttack 13's except for the Tyrolia system bindings on my Head Rally's (and I wish I had the 13's on those too).
Well i dont like markers.
Have pivots and sth2s on my other skis, but here we go with the attacks....

Sponsor