• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Enlighten me.

The 5 point design is actually a compromise between the type of ski I'm talking about and a conventional cambered piste ski.

To picture the type of ski the Spatula was and the Protest is, visualise extending the tip and tail tapered curves of your Wailers so that they intersect in the middle - you'd get a considerably wider banana type shape where the waist is really the -widest- point.

What does this do for you? It gives you a super-pivotable hockey skate blade shape when you tip the ski in bottomless powder. Or in deep slush. And it mostly gets rid of anything grabby that isn't directly under your base of support.

@newfydog and I have recently been geeking out over an ever further finessing of that concept - Reverse - Reverse- Reverse where the base of the ski is boat hulled. He had a really decent writeup of his Praxis experience; I'm not sure it made it over to Pugski though.

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@newfydog and I have recently been geeking out over an ever further finessing of that concept - Reverse - Reverse- Reverse where the base of the ski is boat hulled. He had a really decent writeup of his Praxis experience; I'm not sure it made it over to Pugski though.

Must not have been me---I'm a camber and sidecut boy all the way!

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It's the Meier skis quiver. Michael and I came to Killington with our Meier skis and then I bought the Quickdraw so the rep wanted to take a picture of us

I'm working on seeing if I can become an Ambassador with Meier, I'm their biggest cheerleader.

Meier.jpg

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
I’m pretty old school in my taste. Heres my current quiver

186 cm 2013 line influence 115 for heli and big days. Love this ski.

186cm line supernatural 108 for pow/crud. Like a lot, but would prob prefer a slightly shorter TR like ski on either side.

186cm 2012 Nordica Enforcer new out of wrapper, just mounted and skied closing day. What a beast. Need to spend time to figure when I’ll take it out most. But think on not fresh snow day when I’m feeling strong and want to ski very fast. If not feeling as strong the monster is plenty fast and stable but much easier to handle in bumps and tight trees. All my skis are stable, but this is most. I’ll prob detune tail to make this easier to release.

177cm head monster 88 first year. My dream bump/groomer hard snow ski

168cm 2010 stockli laser sc. rare to take our but fun carver. Taught me to carve.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It's the Meier skis quiver. Michael and I came to Killington with our Meier skis and then I bought the Quickdraw so the rep wanted to take a picture of us

I'm working on seeing if I can become an Ambassador with Meier, I'm their biggest cheerleader.

View attachment 44786
I spy a Pugski sticker on a helmet.

BeetleJuice

Booting up
Skier
184 K2 Shreditor 92
184 Head Monster 98
186 On3p Kartel 108
186 On3p Kartel 116
189 Praxis Rx custom
189 On3p Wren 108
189 On3p Billy Goat
191 K2 Shreditor 102
191 Head Monster 108
191 Volkl Katana
191 On3p Cease & Desist
193 On3p Supergoat, 2x stiff, made in my name.

Will get a pic up as soon as I consolidate.

Lemme know if you have any questions on ski models from the past 5 or 6 years, I have owned/skied a ton, for multiple days each. PM me, I like talking about this stuff.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Current quiver

2017 Meier Quickdraw 88 underfoot 166cm
2017 Meier Wild Bills 98 underfoot 170cm
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 100, 100 underfoot 177cm

Future changes

I am buying a pair of slalom like skis in my Dynastar Ommeglass skis I'll pick up over the summer. Already have a down payment on them. They are 67 underfoot and will be the early season and/or haven't snowed in a while skis

On the hunt for another pair of the exact Head Rally's I just sold but in a 163 which is my size for these skis

In the process of buying a pair of 2018 Armada Invictus 89tis

I'm having a pair of Praxis powder/slush skis made and will have those September'ish.

I may end up keeping my Santa Anas if noone buys them as they are certainly fun.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Current quiver

2018 Nordica Santa Ana 100, 100 underfoot 177cm

Future changes

I am buying a pair of slalom like skis in my Dynastar Ommeglass skis I'll pick up over the summer. Already have a down payment on them. They are 67 underfoot and will be the early season and/or haven't snowed in a while skis

On the hunt for another pair of the exact Head Rally's I just sold but in a 163 which is my size for these skis

In the process of buying a pair of 2018 Armada Invictus 89tis

I'm having a pair of Praxis powder/slush skis made and will have those September'ish.

I may end up keeping my Santa Anas if noone buys them as they are certainly fun.

How do the Santa Ana’s compare to the Wild Bills?

Ski the Dynastar instead of buying another set of Rally’s. They will teach you good technique, and you’ll improve even faster than you are now. And they’ll be super fun to ski. If you ski them all over the place, you’ll be a badass. ogwink Then save the money you would’ve spent on the Rallys to put toward a ski vacation!

We are expecting a review of your Praxis skis next season!

(Caveat: I shouldn’t talk, as I have a lot of skis).:rolleyes:......see below.

Last edited:

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here they are. *Somebody* on here is gonna rib for this, I know.
View attachment 43969

Here’s a list from left to right:
  • Hart F-17, 167 cm
  • Elan SLX Fusion, 165 cm
  • Elan GSX, 175 cm
  • ID One FRXP, 176 cm
  • Stockli Stormrider 83, 174 cm
  • Black Crows Captis, 178 cm
  • DPS Wailer 99 Alchemist, 176 cm
  • Stockli Stormrider Motion 100, 174 cm

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
How do the Santa Ana’s compare to the Wild Bills?

Ski the Dynastar instead of buying another set of Rally’s. They will teach you good technique, and you’ll improve even faster than you are now. And they’ll be super fun to ski. If you ski them all over the place, you’ll be a badass. ogwink Then save the money you would’ve spent on the Rallys to put toward a ski vacation!

We are expecting a review of your Praxis skis next season!

(Caveat: I shouldn’t talk, as I have a lot of skis).:rolleyes:

The Wild Bills and Santa Anas ski very differently. Both are easy to ski and fun. Santa Anas have 2 sheets of metal but are super light and nimble. I had a blast on them at Heavenly this past March and they just loved the trees. Wild Bills don't have any metal but feel more solid, perhaps made with a different kind of wood? I skied Wild Bills on 2 days of groomers at Lake Louis and 2 serious powder days at Sunshine Village. I would sell Santa Anas but could totally justify keeping both because each have a different feel to them. I'd thought the Santa Anas were too long for me and since I'm starting to love bumps and trees I should go shorter. However, they have a good bit of rocker, I've had them on bumps and in trees and they are just so damn light, turny and fun. I don't really favor one over the other. If I were skiing this weekend I'd bring the Santa Anas. Skied Wild Bills last weekend, I tend to alternate them.

Sounds like a win-win good idea about the Dynastar. The Rally was recommended to me and has really been a game changer. this past season. I really like the idea of taking the Rally money and putting it toward a ski vacation.

I can't wait to get on the Praxis skis next season and will definitely let everyone know how I like them.

You have a nice looking quiver indeed!

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@surfsnowgirl
Thanks. Every ski there is VERY different from the others. My “off piste” skis are *relatively* short for me, at 174 (Stockli) and 176 (DPS). The DPS has a ton of tip rocker but, I kept the length down in order to feel more comfortable in tight spaces, especially out West, where things are steeper (per DPS rep’s recommendation). I just don’t want to work that hard. After double-ejecting in a chute at Alta, I learned that a little shorter and easier helps keep me out of trouble. :eek: If I skied a longer Stockli, they’d take ME for a ride, lol.

Those Dynastars are used by a few female instructors here. I just think you’ll have loads of fun on them...l owned the Rallys a season...they were great, but too stiff for me in bumps. My Elan cheater SL skis are more fun and just as versatile, as are the GSX. The cool thing about cheater SL skis is that they don’t really go out of “style”.....so you don’t need the newest thing.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Wendy All that make sense. Double ejecting in a chute must have been terrifying. Being able to get out of trouble is a good thing indeed. I'll still likely sell the santa anas and if I ever got another pair I'd get the 169. I've got the Santa Ana at the rock bottom price for me and if/when it sells so be it. If it doesn't sell then I'll ski it. I think I just made a rhyme ;).

I had the Rallly's in spring bumps once and while they were "fine" they definitely wouldn't be my first choice for spring bumps. I was wondering if the Rally might be a one season love affair for me. Looks like it's heading that way. Sorta makes me think I should have kept my stocklis. However, I'm a firm believer in what's meant to be and things happen for a reason and all that stuff. Spending a season on the Rally's was a great thing for me. If I'm meant to get on another pair of AX's, a pair will come my way.

I'm excited about the dynastars. On a truly superficial level I love the topsheets of the ones I'm getting.. I don't care for how the new iteration of them looks which is the Speedzone 16ti. I am sure I'll have tuns of fun on them. They are 2016s and practically brand new, only gone out a couple times. I was chatting with someone on here about them and he thinks they'll be an excellent ski for me. I think they'll be fabulous for early season, for clinics, for instructing, for free skiing and probably a lot of other times too :)

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Just sold my Santa Anas so my quiver is down to

2018 Armada Invictus 89ti 171cm

Picking up my SL cheaters on labor day. I also have to complete the transaction for my Yumi's. I'd sad I sold the Santa Anas. However, now that I'm getting into ungroom terrain and skiing more bumps and trees I want to downsize a bit. I may end up buying another pair of Santa Anas but in a 169. It's a great ski.

I need bindings for the Invictus if anyone has a pair laying around. I prefer Attack 13s.

Sponsor

Staff online