• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm thinking the same thing — 170s, though. Bindings are the question, or anyway, the right plate is the question.
If that is the question I have no clue as I was just planning on slapping a spx 12 on them and being done with it. LOL. Is a plate necessary? What is it for?

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@crgildart, edit here.
The “ travel quiver “ is complete..... for now ;)
Planes and rental cars limit us to five pairs.

We put in a offer put in on a building lot in big sky so no big changes anticipated in the line up in the immediate future until we build new quiver storage.
Fairly certain that’s another thread :roflmao:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Is a plate necessary? What is it for?

Not necessary. You're probably fine with the spx 12s. A plate gives a person some height, therefore more leverage in a carved turn (and less chance of boot-out, if that's a possibility). I have race bindings and a plate on my Fleres, and I've liked that setup. Some people like plates; some prefer no extra height at all (which is my setup on FX84s). Could be wrong about a plate for this ski.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not necessary. You're probably fine with the spx 12s. A plate gives a person some height, therefore more leverage in a carved turn (and less chance of boot-out, if that's a possibility). I have race bindings and a plate on my Fleres, and I've liked that setup. Some people like plates; some prefer no extra height at all (which is my setup on FX84s). Could be wrong about a plate for this ski.
If you have wide or just big feet, plates are a lifesaver. I boot out all the time on my teach ski (which, I hate to say, has become my everyday ski), but whenever I ski a plated ski, it's never even a thought.

Elan Amphibio 14
Atomic Vantage 100
Atomic Bentchetler (pre HRZN)

And a pair of Fischer gs skis that don't have bindings on them. I think I need more skis...

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you have wide or just big feet, plates are a lifesaver. I boot out all the time on my teach ski (which, I hate to say, has become my everyday ski), but whenever I ski a plated ski, it's never even a thought.

Elan Amphibio 14
Atomic Vantage 100
Atomic Bentchetler (pre HRZN)

And a pair of Fischer gs skis that don't have bindings on them. I think I need more skis...
Huh...well I have a 350 bsl (6'7" 265) maybe that would be a good idea. Similar vein, I am looking for a compliment to me E93's (193) to ski low tide in the Midwest east and primarily to practice on here before trips out west. I want to get technically better. IS 182cm too much ski? would I be better served going shorter for those aims? Tx.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Huh...well I have a 350 bsl (6'7" 265) maybe that would be a good idea. Similar vein, I am looking for a compliment to me E93's (193) to ski low tide in the Midwest east and primarily to practice on here before trips out west. I want to get technically better. IS 182cm too much ski? would I be better served going shorter for those aims? Tx.
Definitely not too much ski. You're taller than me by about 5 inches and maybe 15lbs heavier. You'll be able to ski that just fine, depending on the ski and your technique.

ProLeisure

We are all snow leopards.
Skier
Current quiver:

• Stockli Laser AX (175 cm)
• Head Monster 83 (177 cm)
• Kastle FX 95 non-HP (181 cm)
• Stockli Stormrider 95 (183 cm)
• Stockli Stormrider 107 (183 cm)
• Volkl One (186 cm)

Tahoe_Area_Ski_Quiver.JPG

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sold a pair so here's the current

2017 Head Rally 170cm
2016 Stockli Laser AX 167cm - considering selling. Have eye on a 2009 Stockli Laser SC for kicks
2017 Atomic Vantage 90CTI 169cm - being mounted up right now.
2017 Meier Wild Bill 170cm
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 100 177cm - coming soon, not in my hot little hands yet.

Need to pull all skis out and take pictures of serial numbers for our records so I'll take pictures then.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Lots of ski additions/subtractions within the last year and super pleased all the wider Head models but wanted a damp, solid yet playful 80’s waist park type ski that works well on harder snow to match them. Asogear/Corbetts had a deal on the 2017 Head Framewall Skis and they searched for last years Attack 13 stock leftovers and found some funky black/orange ones to go with them.

Now it looks like I’m a Head team rider or something. Lol

181cm Head Collective 105/Attack 13
191cm Head Venturi 95/Attack 13
181cm Head Venturi 95/Attack 13
181cm Head Framewall/Attack 13

Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 boots

AAA76D5E-10A2-41D3-A362-B8604F183EC3.jpeg

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
Available to me atm (capacity of my roof box +1)

• Blizzard Mag SL 165- Super fun SL sticks, seem low key to me, fun bump ski, had 'em for many years and they got a core shot on my first day of the season this year.
  • Volkl Supersports 182- Fixed the SL core shot then bought these for $15 w/demo clamps the next day- firm snow rock skis
  • Scott Black Majic 184- 80 under foot, marketed at front side carver and they do that way past my low standards, they really bite and track! Change radius so easily. Super good bump ski too, that's mostly what I love about 'em. Had lust for the Laser AX but couldn't find a deal I liked so started shopping for a Head SS..... couldn't find a deal that I liked. Found these for cheap and quickly pulled the trigger. Not sure anything else would make me happier. Love these sticks!
  • Scott The Ski 185- 93 under foot, fun bump/all non-ice conditions ski. Really liked this ski as a DD at Taos in a dry season but with the addition of the Black Majic, the only time they comes out is when I really don't know what I'm about to ski that day.
  • Bluehouse Maestro 189 (2nd pair)- 118 under foot. I love these boards for any soft snow condition. If it's soft enough to leave the Black Majics on the car, it's soft enough for the Maestros. Did I say I love these? Well, I do! With these available I feel no need for a 110 or a one oh something or a 90ish. Great surfy bump ski. Been riding these as a good season DD for eight years now, bases look like a Pollack but only one repaired core shot. I can not destroy these, they're still going strong but I think I'll have a slush friendly structure dug into 'em pretty soon. As of now they are soft snow rock skis.
  • Bluehouse Maestro 189 (3rd pair)- These are currently in the shop having binders installed but in this low tide year they might not see much use......might.
  • Bluehouse Maven 189- 138 under foot. These don't come out too often but they absolutely killed it in the Cirque this year.
  • Praxis Powder Boards 200- 138 under foot. Not really available atm as they are not mounted. I think I only brought 'em 'cause I could fit 'em in the Thule....and ya know.....maybe we'd get enough snow...???....

Here's a breakdown of this year's use (it's a guess on the high use boards as I don't keep detailed records):
  • Blizzard Mag SL- 1 day
  • Volkl Supersports- 2 days
  • Scott Black Majic- 12 days
  • Scott The Ski- 1 day
  • Bluehouse Maestro- 14 days
  • Bluehouse Maven- 2 days
I love this quiver. If I added anything it would prolly a sweet set of GS planks. I suppose there's a spot for crud busters of some sort but CO crud is usually soft enough that the Maestros do just dandy.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Added a couple to the inventory sheet, retro 233 Mids and World Piste Tele rig. Tele rig will get out tonight after work.. Getting about 6 inches today in central NC so neighborhood earned turns is hapening woot woot!

26730941_1949843858364476_8414389355225481054_n.jpg

This weekend I skied the morning session on the 80 waist 1080s (sort of rock ski). After seeing the base and coverage was good everywhere open I changed to my new main daily driver, the 84 waist COREupt Lunatics. They held well late in to the evening when things got re frozen "firm". If I know it's going to be like that more than not I'll go with something thinner and designed for more bite, but the Lunatics are a pretty beefy full camber and I have them pretty sharp as well.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Quiver update

2018 Head Rally 163cm - teaching and clinic ski
2017 Head Rally 170cm - free skiing ski
2017 Atomic Vantage 90cti 169cm - mixed condition and all around fun ski
2017 Meier Wild Bill 170cm - mixed condition/powder ski
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 177cm - powder and slush ski

Have duplicity with the Wild Bills and Santa Anas but I love them both so not changing out either of those. Besides the Meirs just have very cool top sheets and are great for chairlift chat. I love both skis so don't have any plans to get rid of either.

I will probably pick up a Volkl Kanjo at some point.

Have individual pictures but not group shot yet.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Have a new addition!

2019 DPS Alchemist Cassiar, size 160, 123-79-107, 12.5m - on-piste
2017 Nordica Santa Ana, size 161, 131-100-119, 13.5m - daily driver
2014 Rossignol Star 7, size 162, 140-116-130, 17m - powder skis
2013 Nordica Nemesis, size 154, 133-98-123, 15m - rock skis

IMG_1839.JPG

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Atomic FIS Redster GS 188 30M Atomic X20 RS Race
Atomic FIS Redster 165 SL Atomic X16 VAR Race
Atomic Double Deck Race GS 179CM 18M Atomic Neox TL 12
Atomic 209 Aerospeed Super G with Atomic 10.18
Atomic Vantage Ritual 182cm with Look Pivot 18

Soon to replace Ritual with..................Nordica Enforcer 100 w/Pivot 18

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sold another pair so down to 3 pair 'at the moment'

2017 Head Supershape iRally 170 cm
2017 Meier Wild Bill 170cm
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 100 177cm

In the market for a 84-90mm ski

Working on a couple additions to the family, will update when I get them.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now...

Head Monster 83 @170cm (83mm)
Blizzard Brahma @173cm (88mm)
Salomon QLab @176cm (103mm)
Salomon Mtn Lab @176cm (114mm)
Salomon QST99 Dynastar Radical bindings