• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winks

AKA "Gary".
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm fairly agressive and love to charge, skied for almost 30 years, but I do have skies for that (mantra 102, deacon 84, and ish enforcer 110), so looking for something "fun" I guess, I run mantra 102's in 191cm. (love thoose) but they are honestly only fun when you charge. Wondering how they would compare to my enforcer 110s, or bent chetler 100. The deacons doesnt like woods much, and lets just say trying to turn the mantra 102, 191cm in tight trees in heavy not so light powder was... interesting.

Also wondering about their 94 FR. series.

I also looked at armada declivety... so yeah Im all over the place. just like to buy stuff and test, sometimes your just wowed by skis that are so fun and then I keep em.

Possibly look at the 184 then, unlike the previous Ranger series I do not find the FR series to ski short. I have skied the 102 as my daily for the last three seasons and I still cannot find anything I love more. They will not be as stiff or stout as the Enforcer 110 but more aggressive than the Bent Chetler 100, they are not super playful but I find them to be just enough for what I do.

The Mantra and Deacon do not compare so I will leave that out. The 94 is a great ski but to me the 102 serves the purpose for the series. I have never felt that it was too wide for anything and I have skied five feet over two days at mammoth with it.

Going in the the armada series the ARV would be the closer comparison, the new Declivety series will be amazing like most Armada skis are but again we start to lean back closer to that directional shaped ski.

Nothing wrong with buying and testing skis! It is an absolute joy and it is like driving a different car every time you are out on the hill.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Lines new carver. :) So is it K2 just wrapped as Line?

Not even a little bit. With dimensions of 154-95-124, more camber than rocker on either end, and a turn radius just reported as "tight" - it feels like an even more piste-y extension of what they had going with the Pescado/Sakana - quick and carve-y, but with even more of an on-piste construction & build. It's definitely on-brand for Line in that it makes you tilt your head to the side, squint a bit, and be like "hmm. Interesting."

James

Out There
Instructor
Fischer Ranger 102FR has new blue/pink graphics , but does anyone know if the ski is changed for 2021? I've been offerd a deal on both 184 and 191 lengths on 2020 models, do they ski long/short/right? I'm 189-190cm or 6 feet 213⁄32 inches (go google)
There's 2.54 cm to 1 inch.
Just divide cm's by 2.54 for inches.
190cm = 74.8 in = roughly 6ft 2 13/16in
Generally, you'd prob go with 6'3. ogsmile
You're officially tall, unless you're in the NBA.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Possibly look at the 184 then, unlike the previous Ranger series I do not find the FR series to ski short. I have skied the 102 as my daily for the last three seasons and I still cannot find anything I love more. They will not be as stiff or stout as the Enforcer 110 but more aggressive than the Bent Chetler 100, they are not super playful but I find them to be just enough for what I do.

Nothing wrong with buying and testing skis! It is an absolute joy and it is like driving a different car every time you are out on the hill.

Meeh now Im just even more torn between 184 and 191 ;)

I can fairly easy make my 188cm chetlers go poop though, but the funpart of a 184 isnt to be disregarded either... but I rock faction CT 1.0 in 188cm as well. soo hum.

As for cars.. I bought 4 new in 2019 so yeah, changeing it up is fun.

I will find a 102 FR thread so I dont mess this thread more up for others.

Troth

Booting up
Skier
Fischer Ranger 102FR has new blue/pink graphics , but does anyone know if the ski is changed for 2021? I've been offerd a deal on both 184 and 191 lengths on 2020 models, do they ski long/short/right? I'm 189-190cm or 6 feet 213⁄32 inches (go google)
I have been skiing the FR102 in 184 for the last 2 seasons. I have skied them in all kinds of conditions and they have always impressed me. If I could only have 1 pair of skis this would be it. I think they ski very true to size. Im 5' 9 200lbs, you are a bit taller than me so I would say go for the 191. Just a thought buy both and sell the length you don't like.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
5 foot 9... is that.. 175cm? meaning you ski almost 10cm longer than you? Djiz I'm thrown off by the metrics to cm, its like that clip from thoose westcoast chopper guys
Im like 215-220lbs now, but ehh also been 230-240!

I could buy both actually, the 184 length would probably be fairly easy to flip, at that price. and the most fun in tight spaces, but Im guessing I would need the 191 to go faster and charge cruddier stuff..?

Love that you guys feel like this over the ski. Some of our local reviews on the ski was great, also blister, but I know the skiessentials guys gave it a bit of a mixed review.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From the Kastle IG Stories feed today. There's a photo of a ZX108 and some special feature tease for the Tour line.

2021 kastle MX.jpg

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Not even a little bit. With dimensions of 154-95-124, more camber than rocker on either end, and a turn radius just reported as "tight" - it feels like an even more piste-y extension of what they had going with the Pescado/Sakana - quick and carve-y, but with even more of an on-piste construction & build. It's definitely on-brand for Line in that it makes you tilt your head to the side, squint a bit, and be like "hmm. Interesting."

Those dimensions are insane! You didn't mention the length, but that sidecut is going to be around 14m most likely. That massively wide tip is definitely "interesting". ;)

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
5 foot 9... is that.. 175cm? meaning you ski almost 10cm longer than you? Djiz I'm thrown off by the metrics to cm, its like that clip from thoose westcoast chopper guys
Im like 215-220lbs now, but ehh also been 230-240!

I could buy both actually, the 184 length would probably be fairly easy to flip, at that price. and the most fun in tight spaces, but Im guessing I would need the 191 to go faster and charge cruddier stuff..?

Love that you guys feel like this over the ski. Some of our local reviews on the ski was great, also blister, but I know the skiessentials guys gave it a bit of a mixed review.
Perhaps the Ranger Ti series in the shorter length?

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Those dimensions are insane! You didn't mention the length, but that sidecut is going to be around 14m most likely. That massively wide tip is definitely "interesting". ;)

What's the big deal? Don't see it as massively different from this, albeit tucked in a bit more at the waist.

I know the Shaman provoked differing reactions from "this thing is too turny and I'm scared" to "this is awesome for true all mountain skiing" but it definitely worked if you worked with it.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
What's the big deal? Don't see it as massively different from this, albeit tucked in a bit more at the waist.

I know the Shaman provoked differing reactions from "this thing is too turny and I'm scared" to "this is awesome for true all mountain skiing" but it definitely worked if you worked with it.

The big deal? The Shaman was also a ski that certainly broke convention. These kind of dimensions are not common. The Shaman was originally designed to be skied super short. So I'm wondering what length this new Line Blade will be in. I'll know in the next few days...

Jelder

Putting on skis
Skier
Lines new carver. :) So is it K2 just wrapped as Line?

Whoa- these could be right up my alley. I’ve considered the Sakana but from what I’ve read it’s not great at speed and gets knocked around in variable conditions. This ski might address those issues and be a frontside carving/slashing rocket ship.
I also like the clear top one in the pic that says “Shreducational”. This might be a dumb question, but is that just a marketing, take-it-to-the-show, ski? Probably not actually for sale?
Please tell us more!

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The big deal? The Shaman was also a ski that certainly broke convention. These kind of dimensions are not common. The Shaman was originally designed to be skied super short. So I'm wondering what length this new Line Blade will be in. I'll know in the next few days...

169, 178, 181 for men
153, 160, 167 for the Blade W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online