• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Indeed and it helps keep me on my game. Although I don't think of them as "look at me things" but I do consider myself a good skier. Life is too short to wear drab colors. I drive bright cars and wear bright ski clothes. I've also been known to die my hair bleach blonde or purple. I think it's fun!!! Skiing is the one place it seems to be cool to dress like a skittle and wear bright fun things. My normal ski pants when not teaching are bright flowery orange or bright flowery purple. If I wake up and am feeling off and want to be stealthy I wear black pants with my black Sherpa shell. ;)
I have no doubt about your skiing ability having read your posts about teaching skiing. One of your previous profile pictures was a photo of a blonde so I believe what you stated in your post. Enjoy your new jacket.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Bought a pair of Enforcer 93 and Enforcer 104 Free in March and was able to try them both out so this is one of the first seasons in years I have no new skis to try opening day!

Added new Intuition liners that I got for $135 CAN and Booster straps for my Atomic Ultra Hawx 130 boots so at least I’ve got something new to try out that first day.

Pondering a pair of the Dynastar Slicer Factory for a “daily driver/rock” ski for out West when the Bibby’s don’t come out. Such a good ski for the money and Corbetts/AsoGear still has a few pairs left.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
:

Mind if I ask which liners you got? I'm contemplating stiffening up my boots and filling them out a little more.

I got these liners from a place that got a limited run of liners made for Rossignol that have similar stiffness/fit of factory liners but used Intuition foam so they should be warmer. Found the factory liners were a decent fit for my foot but found them cold and drafty. The new liners are comfortable and fit seems to be good. Here’s a link to them.

https://fluidmotionsports.com/products/copy-of-liner-sk8-premium-liner-by-intuition

The Luxury Intuition liner would be a bit stiffer than most factory liners and they are available in low/med/high volume so you can adjust volume with the shell to fulfill both your wishes.

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Talked a few people online into picking up some of the remaining Corbetts/AsoGear Dynastar Slicers as they are such a great deal. Talked to Corbetts when there was only 2 pairs left and decided to grab a pair myself for a Spring/rock ski. Much to @James dismay, I’m putting black Attacks on mine as I find the colored Attacks scratch too easily. Lol

Had them weight the pairs in stock as I wanted the heaviest pair and they only differed by about 20-30 grams a pair. Slicers have always been in the 2100 gram range in the 181cm and these were all in the 2130-2145 gram range. Blister measured the Menace 98 at 2085/2096 grams so a touch lighter but normal variance. Black Ops 98 182cm is 2020 grams a ski for comparison.

Going to mount mine about 2cm-3cm forward of the “all mountain” mark, so about 5.75cm-4.75cm back from center which will be similar to the Black Ops 4.75cm back rec mount.

Corbetts still has one pair of 175cm and one pair of the 181cm left in case anyone else wants a great deal on a fun ski!

Uncle-A

Skier
New Eddie Bauer WeatherEdge 3 in 1 found on the clearance rack at the EB Outlet $65 plus had a $10 off coupon in my email so I got it for $55. The jacket was found by my wife and she said I should buy it, and unlike in the past when she would say new one in must move an old one out, she just encouraged me to get it.
WP_20190909_14_20_23_Pro.jpg

Uncle-A

Skier
Is she OK? Perhaps you should take her to a doctor for a check up. :D
She is just fine, thanks for asking. It is a knack she has for finding a bargain. I often tell her I think she has a black belt in shopping. The jacket is a bit plane but very functional and is what EB calls WeatherEdge that is their top level of water proofing so it will be dry.

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
Talked a few people online into picking up some of the remaining Corbetts/AsoGear Dynastar Slicers as they are such a great deal. Talked to Corbetts when there was only 2 pairs left and decided to grab a pair myself for a Spring/rock ski. Much to @James dismay, I’m putting black Attacks on mine as I find the colored Attacks scratch too easily.

I picked up a pair of these from Corbetts in 181. Never have owned a pair of twin tips, but I've read nothing but good things about these particular skis. Hoping they will be good in the trees. All my other skis are charger/directional. These will be my first "playful" skis. And what a deal!!! If it turns out that I don't like them, not a big deal.
P.S. I'm putting black Attacks on mine too (but if they had orange, I'd chose those).

msr2009

Booting up
Skier
We got some skis! A Nordica Santa Ana 100 (161cm) for her, and a QST106 (181cm) for me. New boots when it gets closer to the season, then we'll be ready to rip in the Cottonwoods!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I picked up a pair of these from Corbetts in 181. Never have owned a pair of twin tips, but I've read nothing but good things about these particular skis. Hoping they will be good in the trees. All my other skis are charger/directional. These will be my first "playful" skis. And what a deal!!! If it turns out that I don't like them, not a big deal.
P.S. I'm putting black Attacks on mine too (but if they had orange, I'd chose those).

You must have got the last pair then. Glad someone on here got that fantastic deal!

You know you buy a lot of stuff at Corbetts when my usual sales person at AsoGear offers to bring them to my town as she’s visiting her parents here last weekend. Lol

If you read the Blistergear review of the Menace 98 they talk about mount points on that ski and the Slicer has the same two mount bumps. One 1.75cm back from center for someone totally into park/freestyle and another bump 6cm back(7.75cm back from center) for “all mountain use”. If you’re not a freestyle skier at all and just want a playful all mountain ski, mount on back line. For a bit more playful feel and easier pivoting, mount up a bit(1-2cm) up from the back line. I’m mounting mine 5.25cm back from center for a mix of freestyle/all mountain use. Guys on BlisterGear used 4.75cm back.

Measured mine at 2141 and 2137grams each and yours should be similar. Already tuned mine up and they are the flattest bases in the last 25 skis I’ve bought! The weight and flex are PERFECT for bumps and crud and think I’ll really like them. Exact same weight and just a bit softer but similar flex pattern to my 184cm Moment Bibby’s which is a very good sign I think!

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Newest ski jacket. Been watching it for months. Finally made a deal with seller. Probably will wear this when I am done teaching for the day and need a cool personal jacket to spice up my required but very boring black ski pants.

View attachment 78527

You are a fine enough skier to rock that jacket. But I think there should be another requirement for wearing it...dying your hair purple!

Sponsor