• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Newest ski jacket. Been watching it for months. Finally made a deal with seller. Probably will wear this when I am done teaching for the day and need a cool personal jacket to spice up my required but very boring black ski pants.

View attachment 78527
If you could get matching pants... Truly a standout!
I ski with a guy who had vaguely siimilar, but colored shapes on black. Lots of them. He has matching pants. With the pants you could spot him a mile away. Everyone knew who you were talking about. He also had Rolling Stones K2’s. I believe he found another pair as replacements.

Now he just wears the jacket though. Not nearly the standout, and no one comments anymore.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
If you could get matching pants... Truly a standout!
I ski with a guy who had vaguely siimilar, but colored shapes on black. Lots of them. He has matching pants. With the pants you could spot him a mile away. Everyone knew who you were talking about. He also had Rolling Stones K2’s. I believe he found another pair as replacements.

Now he just wears the jacket though. Not nearly the standout, and no one comments anymore.

Ha ha. I am not a fan of matching pants and jacket. The bright purple pants I have in my avatar picture has a matching jacket, saw it at bromley and went nah... not my thing. I either wear a wild jacket and solid color pants or multi colored very bright pants and a solid color jacket. I guess everyone has their wild and crazy limits. :). I do however, hope to don some form of purple hair on Saturday. Although my SO claims that when I'm not blond anymore I'll be less fun............ :D

James

Out There
Instructor
Ha ha. I am not a fan of matching pants and jacket.
Not matching, but just weird enough for a double take:

5DF4F101-970E-4419-9D31-8D5D20C00D85.jpeg

AB2B78AC-357A-4B8B-99C7-C70DB4D74A8B.jpeg
https://www.evo.com/outlet/shell-pants/burton-veazie-womens?image=133521/549724/burton-veazie-pants-women-s-prism-floral

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thank you for the compliment. :hail:. Funny you should make the purple hair comment because I'm getting my hair done this saturday. Was thinking of something along these lines.

View attachment 79860

Yeah, that’ll do....but I was thinking along the lines of....PURPLE! ogwink

@James how long were you perusing the women’s wear until you found that? ogwink

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

These skis would look great with @surfsnowgirl ’s jacket (and James’ flowered pants)..

356949C3-C48E-4234-9097-DF08E4DE77A3.jpeg
[

Same ski as the Slicer/Menace 98. “Mine” are in Maine where a friend uses them. Super, super fun and poppy, yet stable ski. A real sleeper....surprised it hasn’t gotten any attention until now.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I picked up a pair of these from Corbetts in 181. Never have owned a pair of twin tips, but I've read nothing but good things about these particular skis. Hoping they will be good in the trees. All my other skis are charger/directional. These will be my first "playful" skis. And what a deal!!! If it turns out that I don't like them, not a big deal.
P.S. I'm putting black Attacks on mine too (but if they had orange, I'd chose those).
I actually contemplated buying the remaining pair of 175’s and joining the club.:D

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Wendy You are funny :)..... What are those. Dynastar something.............. I've yet to find a Dynastar other than my slalom's that I like. I have not yet nor do I ever intend to match my skis to anything I'm wearing. I'm one who generally doesn't care what my skis look like as far as top sheets go but am generally not into flowers. Although my Big nose kates have flowers on them but that's not why I bought them. I'm good on all ski fronts at the present time.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Wendy You are funny :)..... What are those. Dynastar something.............. I've yet to find a Dynastar other than my slalom's that I like. I have not yet nor do I ever intend to match my skis to anything I'm wearing. I'm one who generally doesn't care what my skis look like as far as top sheets go but am generally not into flowers. Although my Big nose kates have flowers on them but that's not why I bought them.
Haha I was just beating stupid. ;-) and I knew you’d laugh. Your jacket reminded me of the old Dynastars I had..flowered topsheet. (But the skis rocked). And then @James added those godawful pants...and I couldn’t resist. :)

Seriously though, that Paradise ski (which is the Slicer in girly graphics) is a fantastically fun ski.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Same ski as the Slicer/Menace 98. “Mine” are in Maine where a friend uses them. Super, super fun and poppy, yet stable ski. A real sleeper....surprised it hasn’t gotten any attention until now.

The Menace is light and poppy- agreed there. Huge sweet spot.

There's any number of threads I might have recommended it until I remembered the downside. The readers here also want damp and easy on the knees both, which the Menace really isn't. It telegraphs all snow features straight up through the boot, esp. in chunky mashed potatoes where it really can't sink into the snow.

Maybe for the younger readers :D

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
@James how long were you perusing the women’s wear until you found that? ogwink
Not long at all. It would take a lot of perusing to get something that goes with it.
The Slicers were available for $239 with the elegant gray graphics from Corbets. That's less than I paid.I fear I may never ski mine as they were returned for warranty in late April early May. I don't really want this years version. Same ski, trashy top sheet.

Wendy

Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not long at all. It would take a lot of perusing to get something that goes with it.
The Slicers were available for $239 with the elegant gray graphics from Corbets. That's less than I paid.I fear I may never ski mine as they were returned for warranty in late April early May. I don't really want this years version. Same ski, trashy top sheet.

Boo. Maybe you’ll end up with the gray version.

Sponsor