• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Ok I just scored a sweet deal on a pair of Lange SX 130 ski boots brand new at about 60% off :) daddy got a new pair of boots :)

I also picked up a pair of Head Kore 87 Jr skis with binding for my son at about 70% off :)

If you saw my other posts you will also see that I outfitted my wife in new Arc'Teryx coat and pants for about 66% off through the sale at the Arc'Teryx Outlet in Seattle and scooped up a bunch of Patagonia gear for my kids during their end of season 50% off sale. I also snagged a new pair of Arc'Teryx ski pants for myself on clearance for 70% off.

My favorite deal so far this year are my new Stockli Laser SX skis with proper race plates and bindings that picked up off a buddy, who had maybe skied them 5 times, for $600

I think I may have a problem in that I cannot say no to a good deal on ski gear. That and my ski buddies are gear hounds .. so maybe I am just easily influenced or open to the power suggestion ;-)

My other problem is that my three kids keep outgrowing everything so we are constantly passing down and refreshing gear. My garage now looks like a ski shop with every size of boots from 20.5 through to 25.5 and skis from 120 thru to 169. Add my gear to the mix and we pretty much run full spectrum on sizes and styles of skis and boots :)

James

Out There
Instructor
IMG_6383.JPG

Picked up a couple things this spring I never get. Fat skis. Two very different skis almost the same width. The Dps are mounted for 295mm and haven't been changed yet. The Slicers 313mm. I'm thinking a Shift for the Dps.

The 184 Dps99 Alchemist is from @Wendy . Basically new. It will be interesting to ski such a design. Made in USA! Carbon and light. Very modern when it came out several years ago. They just updated it for next year with the 100.

The plan was to take it to Abasin this week, but that's not happening. For consolation, I picked up a 181 Dynastar Slicer. Essentially a very nice abandoned and neglected child at the store. Way under the radar ski. Essentially ancient almost in design. It's back next year as the Menace and very different graphics. 23m radius, wooh hoo!, some rocker and soft tip. I've come to like longer sidecuts even though a slalom ski is my default.
I have a very good feeling about this ski for the fun dept.
It had to have a Forza P18 on that. Putting say a black attack 13 would have been like old shoes with a new suit, black socks with flip flops. (Yes, the new rage apparently.)
Binding cost more than the ski!

But, for things like this, the motto is, "If it looks good on the way up, you're gonna ski better on the way down." - Sy Syms Ski Dept.
Just like the car drives better after a car wash.
Also don't forget, "Demo on the way down!"

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice scores there James. :thumb:

I knew you had the DPS en route from when they were listed in Phil's Garage.

Coincidentally, I visited Corbetts ski in Toronto a couple days ago ( before they shutdown for the summer ) and had the latest 2019 Slicers in my hands. They still come in a 181 with 23m radius, and on for $300 $Canuck.
https://www.corbetts.com/2019-dynastar-slicer-factory-skis/

And I agree "the car drives better after a car wash"

James

Out There
Instructor

Coincidentally, I visited Corbetts ski in Toronto a couple days ago ( before they shutdown for the summer ) and had the latest 2019 Slicers in my hands. They still come in a 181 with 23m radius, and on for $300 $Canuck.

You should try the new Dps 100 wailer. It might be the one quiver euro ski with a shift. There's a ski essential review. The chargerness is the question it seems.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier

I luv Corbetts as they offer free shipping to the US and charge me in CDN $$. They tend to have the best prices and their customer service is great.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tekweezle

Booting up
Skier

FYI, I was researching this ski recently and my deal hunting found it on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202581515157

For $239 and free shipping. From Canada, don't know if it's the same shop. Considering shipping can run anywhere from $40-$75, looks like a good deal!

Trying to convince myself I need another pair of skis....

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

James

Out There
Instructor
For $239 and free shipping. From Canada, don't know if it's the same shop. Considering shipping can run anywhere from $40-$75, looks like a good deal!
For $239 at your doorstep, you can't afford not to save so much money.

James

Out There
Instructor
23m radius, camber, tip rocker, tail rocker, nothing crazy. Has metal. Maybe two sheets, don't know. [No metal.] It's not a light ski. Dynastar has made it for a long time. It's back next year as the Menace. NGT- Ugly. They added 187 or 8. Skis short.

I haven't skied it, but I hear good things. Fun. Good in bumps. Carves. Not as beefy as the Rossi Black Ops.
Supposedly the Dynastar rep skis on it.

I'm thinking this:
IMG_6463.JPG

Last edited:

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
23m radius, camber, tip rocker, tail rocker, nothing crazy. Has metal. Maybe two sheets, don't know. It's not a light ski. Dynastar has made it for a long time. It's back next year as the Menace. NGT- Ugly. They added 187 or 8. Skis short.

I haven't skied it, but I hear good things. Fun. Good in bumps. Carves. Not as beefy as the Rossi Black Ops.
Supposedly the Dynastar rep skis on it.

I'm thinking this:
View attachment 73737

My only hesitation is Dynastar list it as a Intermediate ski?!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January