• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
C399B34F-1068-4FF7-917E-F8DF28E54EBC.jpeg

New Enforcer Free 104 186cm with Attack2 13

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Got these from @ScotsSkier, and just got on them the past few weeks. Amazing, and surprisingly versatile and forgiving, for such a ski.

459B42D0-BEDA-43AE-9F4B-FCC7EC5D2919.jpeg

As usual, top condition, perfectly shipped, packaged, and it skis just like ScotSkier said it would.
(For example, he said this FIS SL165 would be more fun than the woman's spec 156/7, and it is.)

Beforehand, I was maybe a bit afraid of this ski. No need. Thanks, @ScotsSkier !!

sinbad7

Getting on the lift
Skier
Picked up a pair of 2017 Brahmas in 180cm off Gumtree (our equivalent of CraigsList) for just over USD$100 (in AUD). Great condition ... once I clean some rust off the edges and give them some much needed wax. Happily they're drilled for my BSL and they seem to have between one and two weeks of use.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Just got em. Finally I am in the correct boot size. Can't wait to get them on the hill. Will write a full report after I ski a fews days in them.

_5D42409.JPG

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just got em. Finally I am in the correct boot size. Can't wait to get them on the hill. Will write a full report after I ski a fews days in them.

View attachment 65674

Have had the original version of these for 2 years and love them. You’ll love the weight and even the ease of walking with a shorter boot length.

Pondering a new liner or just getting the same boots in a month. Prefer this color combo over the green version. Looks sharp!!

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Uh, I may have just done something really dumb and made a completely unnecessary purchase. :doh: I really don't need these. Really, I don't. Not at all. Especially with the winter we're having in Tahoe. But I've been periodically doing searches to find a deal on some Laser AX 175s for my husband - and I found a 2018 pair in a 159 for $637 brand new. He told me I should just get them since we've never seen them at that price before, that even if I sell them, I should be able recoup that cost. Oops. :D

Guess I'll start a search for a deal on bindings? Attack 13s with a 85 binding? Any other reccos out there? Open to suggestions.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
This is why you take care of your local pro shop guys.

Terrible pic, but the Rossi Masters 21 that barely saw demo use found their way into my car for $600. You can’t find this ski for under $750, and that’s without a binding.

Attachments

• 0F939B41-192B-4CEC-A200-29E1C49DD508.jpeg
    0F939B41-192B-4CEC-A200-29E1C49DD508.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 36

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
I bought a brand new pair of unmounted '17/'18 Head Monster 98's on Ebay for $300.00 (the final year for these guys). I remember that one of our testers recommended sizing down on these, so I took a chance on the 177's. Took them out for the first time in 6" of fresh at Snowmass. They were an absolute blast!! Then I took them out again the next day on the groomed slopes and they performed equally as well. This really (pleasantly) surprised me. Much quicker edge to edge than I had anticipated. It would be a great western OSQ if you like a heavier, damp ski that powers through anything. Certainly fills the bill for me.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Uh, I may have just done something really dumb and made a completely unnecessary purchase. :doh: I really don't need these. Really, I don't. Not at all. Especially with the winter we're having in Tahoe. But I've been periodically doing searches to find a deal on some Laser AX 175s for my husband - and I found a 2018 pair in a 159 for $637 brand new. He told me I should just get them since we've never seen them at that price before, that even if I sell them, I should be able recoup that cost. Oops. :D

Guess I'll start a search for a deal on bindings? Attack 13s with a 85 binding? Any other reccos out there? Open to suggestions.

I have AX 183s. I have demoed this length with both a Head Prd 12, and with the Demo Attack 13s. I liked the Demo Attack 13s better. They are more playful and fun, just as good on edge in a non-race ski sort of way, and make the ski more versatile, to me.

Last edited:

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Made a total impulse purchase today. Liberty Genesis 106 in a 157 at a screaming price. Even more rocker than my La Nina's wow. Should be super easy to ski or return to the shop ha. Will demo in the next month before mounting. I call it ski price hedging.