• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just pushed the button on a pair of Liberty V82 with Attack 2 13 GW bindings and an application of Phantom 2.0 from Ski Essentials. The skis and bindings were on sale and SE sent me an additional code. I may not get to use them for awhile with the snow cycle we're in but I'm excited to have a skinnier ski in the quiver!

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just pushed the button on a pair of Liberty V82 with Attack 2 13 GW bindings and an application of Phantom 2.0 from Ski Essentials. The skis and bindings were on sale and SE sent me an additional code. I may not get to use them for awhile with the snow cycle we're in but I'm excited to have a skinnier ski in the quiver!

You’re a 325 BSL, right? I look forward to taking a ride on such fine skis...

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Thanks to a head’s up from @Philpug and @Tricia - picked up a pair of Stockli Laser AX 167 for my husband off of Craigslist for $675 - including the Salomon STR WTR 13 bindings!

The guy said he skied on them about 5 times but they were too much ski for him and he just wanted to sell quickly. He said he prefers his Nordica Navigator 85s. I asked the guy his BSL and he didn’t know that term, but told me his shoe size was 12.5.

So we picked up the skis in Tahoe Donner and then went straight to Start Haus, where he bought them (skis still had the new tuning sticker) for a remount. When we picked them up later, Ted actually got a $25 refund since they didn’t have to do a remount - they just put him 1 cm forward. The guys there said the skis were like new and they couldn’t believe the deal.

And I skied mine for the first time yesterday and wow. They rail! Now we will be twinsies.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No one told me that there was a box of cool stuff inside when you buy a pair of Renoun skis. Got a pair of 184cm Endurance 98s and mounted a pair of Shifts on them tonight, just in time for the last couple weekends of our season here. 11ish pounds for the pair and they look pretty nice.
20190315_235606.jpg

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Schweeeeet !!! :golfclap:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Damn UPS decided not to deliver my skis today and didn't notify me until 1pm this afternoon, after I'd already left work to be home to sign for the delivery. Now I'll have to work from home again whenever they do schedule it but I don't know when that will be at this point. Claimed "severe weather" even though they hit the distribution center at 11:45 last night and there is absolutely no bad weather today. Yes, I realize I won't get to ski them until the 30th but damnit I want my skis!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
If you have a UPS store by you, have them delivered there and then get them after work or during lunch.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you have a UPS store by you, have them delivered there and then get them after work or during lunch.

That is what I normally do but this one is so locked down that my choice is my house or the distribution center 45 minutes away. I'm not amused.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
I don't think they're quite complete. Don't they need some PugSki stickers still?

I don’t sticker my skis. The sticker taped to them to advertise DPS Phantom will not be used. The only ones that have stayed on my skis are my local shop and only if he puts them on the tail where I can’t see them.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
It's not a purchase I made but it's a birthday present that my SO bought for me. It will be put away and given to me in September. Went into Bromley's ski shop yesterday and found this jacket I love. I have a couple of Sherpa shells that I love and a couple heavy jackets by 686 and Obermeyer but nothing in between. Yesterday that changed. It's a fly low jacket and comes with a remove-able liner and has every pocket I could ever want and has a powder skirt as well. Pitzips and thumb holes to keep the liner pulled down over my arms. I love the color and it fit perfectly. Best yet it was 50% off. Now it will go sleepy bye until I see it again in September

Time to sell my regular winter jackets because I just wear my ski jackets during the week so my non ski winter jackets are just hanging in the closet so time to do some spring cleaning.

20190331_160746.jpg
20190331_160800.jpg
20190331_160829.jpg
20190331_160908.jpg
20190331_160919.jpg

Last edited: